James Irvin: Silva Should Have Moved Down To Welterweight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » James Irvin: Silva Should Have Moved Down To Welterweight
MMAcca
7/8/08 4:33:31PM
UFC light heavyweight standout James Irvin (14-4) will face middleweight champion Anderson Silva who will make the trek from 185 lbs. to 205 lbs. in order to find a challenge. After cleaning out the middleweight division Silva is in dire need of big fights, Irvin, however, thinks that Silva is taking on more than he can handle.

LINK
JimiMak
7/8/08 4:39:24PM
lol, what else was he gonna say tho?
McBee
7/8/08 4:55:20PM

Posted by JimiMak

yeah this is the only time he will be able to talk big because when the fight starts he is gonna be looking for any illegal strikes so he can pull out the DQ like he did with Luis Cane
wolfman
7/8/08 5:20:30PM

Posted by McBee

Posted by JimiMak

yeah this is the only time he will be able to talk big because when the fight starts he is gonna be looking for any illegal strikes so he can pull out the DQ like he did with Luis Cane

Seriously, will people just let that fight die. I don't think he was acting to get the DQ, as I've said in the past to other members, I'd like to see you take a knee to your eye socket and see how you take it. It's not his fault Cane didn't follow the rules, if he'd followed the rules there would not have been a DQ!
McBee
7/8/08 5:25:20PM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by McBee

Posted by JimiMak

Seriously, will people just let that fight die. I don't think he was acting to get the DQ, as I've said in the past to other members, I'd like to see you take a knee to your eye socket and see how you take it. It's not his fault Cane didn't follow the rules, if he'd followed the rules there would not have been a DQ!

do not blame Luis either, Irvin was a split second from that second knee being off the mat and that strike being amazing instead of illegal. I think a no contest would have made more sense.

The fact is that Irvin was getting worked and Luis and Anderson's striking styles are very similiar
prozacnation1978
7/8/08 5:32:04PM
i think he will get knocked out, if you think luiz cane's knee was brutal wait till you taste the spider's
Wolfenstein
7/8/08 5:38:36PM
It would have been awesome to see Luis Cane fight Anderson instead, cause I think Cane is the real deal, a year or twofrom now I could see him being a title contender.

Anderson used to fight at welterweight. God knows how, he's enormous for a middleweight. He walks around at about 215-220 so he's still ging to have to cut weight. I don't think he's going to look tiny at LHW at all. Of course James used to fight as a heavyweight, so he's a rather large LHW.

It's going to be a good fight, I expect some real fireworks in the first couple minutes...if it lasts that long. Anderson is so heavily favored I feel kind of obligated to put down a small wager.

Anderson is one of my favorite fighter, but I'd like to see him lose. He just looks so invincible I'd like to see that there's a chink in this guys armor.
Thunderfighting
7/8/08 6:04:48PM

Posted by MMAcca

UFC light heavyweight standout James Irvin (14-4) will face middleweight champion Anderson Silva who will make the trek from 185 lbs. to 205 lbs. in order to find a challenge. After cleaning out the middleweight division Silva is in dire need of big fights, Irvin, however, thinks that Silva is taking on more than he can handle.

LINK

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Man that James Irvin guy is funny isnt he? Maybe he should move to heavyweight, that way he doesnt pull a rich franklin and get his face re-aranged.
kaduey
7/8/08 6:06:57PM

Posted by Thunderfighting

Posted by MMAcca

LINK

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Man that James Irvin guy is funny isnt he? Maybe he should move to heavyweight, that way he doesnt pull a rich franklin and get his face re-aranged.

He did fight at heavyweight and got KTFO by Mike Kyle.
EON
7/8/08 6:07:38PM

Posted by McBee

Posted by wolfman

Posted by McBee

Posted by JimiMak

do not blame Luis either, Irvin was a split second from that second knee being off the mat and that strike being amazing instead of illegal. I think a no contest would have made more sense.

The fact is that Irvin was getting worked and Luis and Anderson's striking styles are very similiar

thank you, and yeah irvin isnt even ranked, why is he talkin' smack about the P4P greatest and the greatest MW champ in UFC history, irvin lost some of his cred after that speech, hes getting KO'd and he knows it
EON
7/8/08 6:09:44PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i think he will get knocked out, if you think luiz cane's knee was brutal wait till you taste the spider's

yeah luis' knee barely hit him and james did the smart move since he was losing at took the DQ... andersons knees however... they hit flush
nickcuc547
7/8/08 6:21:49PM
while i think anderson will win, i have to admit that irvin is pretty dangerous, that kind of punching power is dangerous to anybody. with that said if irvin doesn't connect early he is done, and if anderson doesn't like what is going on standing he will bring it right to the ground, where irvin is lackluster.
McBee
7/8/08 6:28:08PM

Posted by nickcuc547

while i think anderson will win, i have to admit that irvin is pretty dangerous, that kind of punching power is dangerous to anybody. with that said if irvin doesn't connect early he is done, and if anderson doesn't like what is going on standing he will bring it right to the ground, where irvin is lackluster.

anderson always circles and feels people out before striking so he will not have to worry, if Irvin does not KO you in the first 10 seconds then you have the control for the rest of the round to do what you want with.
Kracker_Jap
7/8/08 8:52:14PM
This is the first time I have been pissed off by the since back in my Sherdog days

Not only James irvin has said this but most people with half a brain think it too
Silva will be a small 205 pounder at best, he has already fought in the 170 division.....

If he does happen to get KO'd in the first round will it seem so smart then???

Remember the Sandman is 1 of 5 Fighters that took this fight !!

So instead of being 's about his comments.....

The Sandman should be given some credit for taking the fight on short notice with the p4p worlds best fighter when others said NO!!
Thunderfighting
7/8/08 8:57:09PM
what can he say. he likes to get ko'ed
whardin19
7/8/08 9:01:26PM
I have to say that Irvin has a better chance to win this fight than people are giving him credit for. The guy is definetally going to have the strength advantage. I can't wait for this fight, it's going to be a slugfest!
lordicast
7/8/08 9:41:58PM

Posted by whardin19

I have to say that Irvin has a better chance to win this fight than people are giving him credit for. The guy is definetally going to have the strength advantage. I can't wait for this fight, it's going to be a slugfest!

yeah Hendo had a strength advantage 2
EON
7/8/08 10:11:38PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

This is the first time I have been pissed off by the since back in my Sherdog days

Not only James irvin has said this but most people with half a brain think it too
Silva will be a small 205 pounder at best, he has already fought in the 170 division.....

The Sandman should be given some credit for taking the fight on short notice with the p4p worlds best fighter when others said NO!!

idk... your trolling pretty hard for you homie irvin
wolfman
7/8/08 10:45:29PM

Posted by Thunderfighting

what can he say. he likes to get ko'ed

He's only been KO'd once in his career and that was at heavyweight.

EDIT: I'm not saying that Silva won't KO him, just stating that he has only been KO'd once. I only brought this up because it's as if Thunderfighting is saying that Irvin has been KO'd multiple times.
blkssncpt
7/8/08 11:11:04PM
i still think Irvin is gonna take this fight. i'v been an Irvin fan for awhile and will stay after this fight no matter wat happens im just tired of all the Irvin haters, how can u hate a fight who's willing to fight anyone??? he's stated in interviews he knows he has to fight his way to the top of the 205'ers and he willing to fight whoever it is to get there.

WAR Sandman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Rob
McBee
7/9/08 1:20:28AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

I think this is a really good comment and did not know of the ducking that has been going on and have to give Irvin credit, he did take the fight, I still do not really think he has a chance but he on him for stepping up to the plate