James Irvin Fans

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » James Irvin Fans
Next Page »
POLL: Do you want James Irvin to win?
YES 36% (26)
NO 64% (46)
chickmagnet
6/20/08 3:29:20PM
I am 100% Sandman for his next fight. I want him to be the first man in MMA to KO Silva.....It sounds impossible but believe me it can be done. He just needs the right strategy and tactic. He needs to be 110% focused and motivated. I garuntee Anderson will take him lightly.

WAR IRVIN!!!
Mchubb316
6/20/08 3:31:58PM
I don't think Anderson will take him lightly. I like Irvin, he is an exciting fighter. Anderson should get the win, but I do think Irvin will test Anderson's chin.
chickmagnet
6/20/08 3:36:45PM

Posted by Mchubb316

I don't think Anderson will take him lightly. I like Irvin, he is an exciting fighter. Anderson should get the win, but I do think Irvin will test Anderson's chin.

Andersons chin was tested against Hendo. Hendo landed one right hand right on the button and didn't really phase Silva. If James lands more than one right hand I can see him dropping Silva. If I had to bet money I would definatly go with Silva but I want Irvin to win.
holt8081
6/20/08 3:43:07PM
lets hope he makes a fight out of it, not like Hendo where we all thought it was going to be a good fight and Hendo was going to test him.............well that dident happen.
Naturaldisaster
6/20/08 3:47:49PM
James Irvin has fans? lol
jp hes a good fighter and if he catches silva then he could definitly ko him but I dont see it happenin
SpiderSilva
6/20/08 3:50:24PM
whos got the longer reach?

I wouldn ever say Silva would take someone lightly dude is vary focused for fights and is one of the top to Respect the sport
TWITA
6/20/08 3:53:40PM
at some point, AS will get Irvin against the cage ... knees will land and Irvin will go to the mat. Once he's there, AS TKO's him within 1 minute.
gravy13
6/20/08 4:54:14PM

Posted by Mchubb316

I think that's one of the main things that makes Silva so dangerous, the fact that he never takes any opponent lightly. I hope Irvin makes this a good fight, but I do think Silva will destroy him in stand up and if it goes to the ground he will have no problems there.
chickmagnet
6/20/08 5:12:42PM

Posted by gravy13

Posted by Mchubb316

I think that's one of the main things that makes Silva so dangerous, the fact that he never takes any opponent lightly. I hope Irvin makes this a good fight, but I do think Silva will destroy him in stand up and if it goes to the ground he will have no problems there.

Yeah he takes no one lightly. But this isn't a huge fight for him. He is going in thinking Irvin is a stepping stone. I heard Silva say in an interview that he is impossible to KO. Well, we'll see about that come July 19th.

WAR SANDMAN!
89vision
6/20/08 5:33:18PM
both are 6'2 but anderson has technique and reach, plus hes exciting as hell, that being said im not writing james off but i wouldnt count on him winning
JimiMak
6/20/08 6:37:40PM
I like the guy. but I'm really a big Andersen Silva fan and think he's gonna do pretty much exactly what he needs to in this one.
Copenhagen
6/20/08 6:58:58PM

Posted by holt8081

lets hope he makes a fight out of it, not like Hendo where we all thought it was going to be a good fight and Hendo was going to test him.............well that dident happen.

Didn't happen? I thought Hendo may have one that first round. IMO he just got to comfortable in the second round, which you cannot have any delusions of comfort while fighting Silva (he's too dangerous.) Silva was def. tested, and he proved himself.

If they fight again, I will pick Hendo again. As I still see his style as Silva's weakness.
Franklinfan47
6/20/08 7:41:35PM

Posted by Copenhagen

Posted by holt8081

Didn't happen? I thought Hendo may have one that first round. IMO he just got to comfortable in the second round, which you cannot have any delusions of comfort while fighting Silva (he's too dangerous.) Silva was def. tested, and he proved himself.

If they fight again, I will pick Hendo again. As I still see his style as Silva's weakness.

I agree. Hendo definately won the first round, but just got sloppy. I think if Hendo could stick to his gnp and wrestling in a rematch, he would win for sure. This all said, Silva is going to crush Irvin.
saemskin
6/20/08 9:14:09PM
How is Irvins ground game?
Obviously we all know he has heavy hand and is a BIG strong s.o.b. but muscles dont win fights.
Prior to his fight with Houston I viddied some youtube stuff of his and watched him kick the shit out of Doug Marshall and some other guys I dont know, but never saw a ground battle? Obviously Silva with his super de duper long limbs would be better suited on the ground for this one.

Props to Anderson Silva for taking this fight and showing he a game fighter to take on ANY one.

Props to James Irvin for being able to take a shot at the guy EVERYone is gunning for right now. Different org's different weight classes, everyone wants a piece of this guy.

I really am quite excited about this fight. In a way I wan Irvin to win to show the wold Silva is human and not a martian from the planet Maui Jitsu, but I dont think he can cut the mustard.

Anyone have pics of them standing next to one another? I have it in my head that Irvin is much larger than Silva.
Thunderfighting
6/20/08 10:52:52PM
To James Irvin Fans:

I hope you dont like his face, because he will look worse than Franklin did after this one is over.
NatedawgThaM
6/21/08 12:12:58PM
His takedowns are good, but his ground game sucks pretty much IMHO. Their's no doubt in my mind if he didn't break his leg, Thiago would have subbed him anyways in about 30 seconds.

But he can hang with ANYBODY on the feet just because his striking is very good, but Anderson I think will just be too accurate and once he gets Irvin's timing down and figures him out after a slow start, he should finish him with strikes late in the 1st or in the 2nd.
StriderXero
6/21/08 1:29:27PM
I think anderson does win the fight but not my TKO. I think it'll be by UD. That is of course if Irvin has the gas tank. As crazy as it sounds I dont think Silva would want the clinche with this guy. I see Irvin as too strong for Silva to be in the clinche with. Silva will probably keep his distance and pick him apart from there. Irvin, I think will be the first guy Silva doesn't finish in the UFC. But Silva I think will win hands down.
Kracker_Jap
6/21/08 1:34:53PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

His takedowns are good, but his ground game sucks pretty much IMHO. Their's no doubt in my mind if he didn't break his leg, Thiago would have subbed him anyways in about 30 seconds.

But he can hang with ANYBODY on the feet just because his striking is very good, but Anderson I think will just be too accurate and once he gets Irvin's timing down and figures him out after a slow start, he should finish him with strikes late in the 1st or in the 2nd.

So your telling me that out of 18 fights the guy gets subbed once and now he sucks on the ground??

Kind of a remark if you ask me.....

and you show your smarts by assuming that out of 2 fighters with 20 KO's between them the fight would have went to the ground....

But anyhow, WAR-SANDMAN

KO round 1
CantAndleDaRiddum
6/21/08 3:18:48PM
i say i dont want irvin to win, but i'll prolly find myself pulling for him if he shows he can hold his own
Kastro
6/21/08 3:26:25PM
Anderson Silva hasn't faced a great striker for a while.. Franklin is somewhat of a good striker but not on Irvin's level..

I am excited for this fight and have some sort of feeling that Irvin is going to come out on top.. I might be betting some cash on this seeing how he will be a huge underdog..

Cant wait to see what happens with these two, gonna be a good fight ill tell ya that much!
NatedawgThaM
6/21/08 3:53:40PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by NatedawgThaM

So your telling me that out of 18 fights the guy gets subbed once and now he sucks on the ground??

Where did I say this fight would end up on the ground? I said nothing about the ground except for Irvin hasn't proved to be any good their except with his takedowns when that really has nothing to do with being on the ground except getting you their. The name calling isn't necessary.

But that's a good argument, but if you looked at the guys he's fought, you'll know why. Who really has he faced with a good ground game? The three guys that could sub him, Southworth that was a NC, the Cane fight was a DQ when he was about to get KTFO, and Bonnar who DOMINATED HIM on the ground who isn't even known that well for being a ground guy. Like I said, his striking is great so he dominates almost anybody who isn't an elite striker. But he hasn't proven it doesn't until he survives a fight on the ground with somebody who can actually do something

Kracker_Jap
6/21/08 5:32:10PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Where did I say this fight would end up on the ground? I said nothing about the ground except for Irvin hasn't proved to be any good their except with his takedowns when that really has nothing to do with being on the ground except getting you their. The name calling isn't necessary.

But that's a good argument, but if you looked at the guys he's fought, you'll know why. Who really has he faced with a good ground game? The three guys that could sub him, Southworth that was a NC, the Cane fight was a DQ when he was about to get KTFO, and Bonnar who DOMINATED HIM on the ground who isn't even known that well for being a ground guy. Like I said, his striking is great so he dominates almost anybody who isn't an elite striker. But he hasn't proven it doesn't until he survives a fight on the ground with somebody who can actually do something

Your right name calling is not necessary this is not sherdog, I know better.... Sorry

but back to business, you led me to believe that the fight would go to the ground in 30 seconds and Thiago would sub him breaking his leg...

So I got all butt hurt cuz I saw the senerio differently.... The Sandman has came out and called himself a B level fighter because he does not have a big head and knows there is always room for improvement

Win or lose Jamse Irvin is a fighting dog and deserves a nuthuggery band wagon bigger than JT, Diaz and BJ combined IMO

I will lead, as soon as he shows all the fans in the world a fight is a fight and KO's Silva in the first round

jgtribbett
6/21/08 6:35:46PM

Posted by chickmagnet

Posted by Mchubb316

Andersons chin was tested against Hendo. Hendo landed one right hand right on the button and didn't really phase Silva. If James lands more than one right hand I can see him dropping Silva. If I had to bet money I would definatly go with Silva but I want Irvin to win.

ok.. i'm a hendo nut hugger and hendo didnt het like he can hit.. i think silvas chin is a lil suspect.. not entirly.. but a lil.. i wanna see him get rocked then recover.. then i'll have a real opinion.. hendo couldnt do it.. i wonder if irvin can.. but i doubt it.
89vision
6/21/08 6:38:36PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Your right name calling is not necessary this is not sherdog, I know better.... Sorry

but back to business, you led me to believe that the fight would go to the ground in 30 seconds and Thiago would sub him breaking his leg...

So I got all butt hurt cuz I saw the senerio differently.... The Sandman has came out and called himself a B level fighter because he does not have a big head and knows there is always room for improvement

Win or lose Jamse Irvin is a fighting dog and deserves a nuthuggery band wagon bigger than JT, Diaz and BJ combined IMO

I will lead, as soon as he shows all the fans in the world a fight is a fight and KO's Silva in the first round

avatar bet, i got silva you got irvin, how about it?
OchoCinco
6/21/08 6:47:59PM
Irvin is a good fighter with good stand up, but Silva is a great fighter with great stand up. Silva 1st rd KO!!
blkssncpt
6/21/08 8:03:03PM
im an Irvin fan thru an thru and im picking him by KO.

Irvin has good stand up and a good sprawl but his ground/sub game isnt near Anderson's. that being said Irvin is a big 205'er and even tho Silva is the same hieght Irvin is naturely bigger at 205 and i think it will be harder for Silva to take him down. Irvin has good leg kicks and he throw them very hard so if he can catch him with a couple with-out Silva catching them and taking him down it's gonna be a long fight for Silva before he gets knocked out, but Silva is great at timing people so it defiantely gonna ba hard to do so. also i dont think Silva wants to clinch with him either, Irvin trains at fairtex in Thailand for his Muay Thai. if they were to clinch i think Irvin is to strong to stay there for long. if Anderson wants to win and make this one of his HL reel fights he will have to keep his distance and use his great accuracy to pepper Irvin and wear him down or to get the take down. still Irvin by KO in the 1st

GOD i cant wait for this fight, WAR SANDMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Rob
voodoo-jitsu
6/22/08 4:30:16AM
i would like to see them both get knocked out i dont like silva and i really dont like irvin
Purge
6/22/08 1:40:08PM
Anderson will tear him apart.
Thunderfighting
6/22/08 2:41:30PM
If Silva gets KO'ed by Irvin in the first round, or gets beat by him, i will retire......as a playground picker.
chickmagnet
6/22/08 9:04:20PM

Posted by jgtribbett

Posted by chickmagnet

Posted by Mchubb316

ok.. i'm a hendo nut hugger and hendo didnt het like he can hit.. i think silvas chin is a lil suspect.. not entirly.. but a lil.. i wanna see him get rocked then recover.. then i'll have a real opinion.. hendo couldnt do it.. i wonder if irvin can.. but i doubt it.

Hendo only landed one good shot in that fight, if hendo hit silva numerous times he wouldve dropped him. Irvins power can hang with anyones and can win this if he lands some hard shots.
Pages: [1] 2