James Irvin: ‘I didn’t know what hit me’ in Anderson Silva fight last night

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » James Irvin: ‘I didn’t know what hit me’ in Anderson Silva fight last night
SmileR
7/20/08 5:36:56PM
“He’s a scary dude…. It was a flash knockout, because I didn’t know what hit me after that. Even waking up, I was covered in blood. He got me right on the money tonight…. I don’t think I’ll have another (chance) as big as this.”

It was a blistering overhand right punch that came blazing down Broadway, James, which was then followed up with a few head bouncers.

Link
balack_o-bama
7/20/08 5:40:16PM
Hahahaha. Good for him. All he did was run his mouth about how Silva isnt that technical and doesnt punch that hard.

And is was hardly a flash KO.
mk1630
7/20/08 5:58:08PM
Anderson Silvas what hit you
wrona666
7/20/08 6:05:28PM
I just loved how he told Anderson that there are weight divisions for a reason and in the stare down Anderson looked alot bigger then Irvin did.....You could see the fear in his eyes
KYGUY07
7/20/08 6:27:40PM
Irvin really did look intimidated during the weigh ins
FrankTheTank1181
7/20/08 7:00:15PM
I'm surprised Irvin didn't poop himself at the weigh-ins, he looked scurred.
whardin19
7/20/08 7:25:42PM
It's too bad when a fighter is intimidated before a fight. Because when your already scared like that you've already lost the fight. As for Anderson he is definetally the best P4P fighter right now by far. Emelianko is up there and would be up there if he had fought better fighters the past few years. But, I am hardly impressed with Anderson knocking out Irvin. But, I'm also eating my words as saying he couldn't beat the top contenders at 205 he'd give them all a run for there money.
tylerlee123
7/20/08 7:44:44PM
Thats Awesome thats wat you get for running your mouth, " I didn't know what hit me " hahahaha that was Anderson Silva baby !
SpiderSilva
7/20/08 7:46:04PM
um he doesn't get to pick who the UFC puts in front of him he just beats em and makes them look worse than what they are I mean he destryed Franklin whowas looking unbeatable everyone was saying Hendo was who he needed to fight Hendo or Linland could beat him and he destroyed Hendo I don't see a point he fights whoever hell he even moved up for the UFC I know Irvin isn't top but he is not to shabby at stand up and he got blasted Silva is great end of story he would do vary well at 205 but respects his belt and title as 185 champ
jocka
7/20/08 8:01:48PM
in no way in hell it was a flash KO, he got knocked out good the third or fourt ground punch was nasty i felt it hahahahaha
cmill21
7/20/08 9:41:24PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

um he doesn't get to pick who the UFC puts in front of him he just beats em and makes them look worse than what they are I mean he destryed Franklin whowas looking unbeatable everyone was saying Hendo was who he needed to fight Hendo or Linland could beat him and he destroyed Hendo I don't see a point he fights whoever hell he even moved up for the UFC I know Irvin isn't top but he is not to shabby at stand up and he got blasted Silva is great end of story he would do vary well at 205 but respects his belt and title as 185 champ

I still think if Hendo stuck to his game plan he could beat Anderson in a UD. Anderson is the man though don't get me wrong he is very very good but I don't think he's absolutly unstoppable...no one is.
bigbubbano23
7/20/08 9:41:33PM
all i have to say is anderson silva better be a 10 or 100 in the new ufc video game. anything else would be inacurate.
jae_1833
7/20/08 10:05:44PM

Give the guy a break ....... he's been humbled.
GrandMaster313
7/20/08 10:11:03PM
I dont think he got that scary looking cut on the initial hit. On the replay he took a shot immediately after being knocked down that hit him right under his eye. It happened so fast i had to keep rewinding it back a few times on tivo.

All in all Anderson Silva is a Monster!!!! Oh if only he could make Heavy weight and take on Fedor.... oh well WAR SILVA!!!!!!!! ( and WAR VITOR!!!! )
gabe531
7/20/08 10:21:32PM

Posted by SmileR

“He’s a scary dude…. It was a flash knockout, because I didn’t know what hit me after that. Even waking up, I was covered in blood. He got me right on the money tonight…. I don’t think I’ll have another (chance) as big as this.”

Link

FLASH KNOCKOUT

dont think he will have another chance as big as this. well maybe. if the ufc brings in an elite 205 guy again or if they want to make sure shogun wins his first ufc fight you maybe in line irvin.

FLASH KNOCKOUT
Rollins
7/20/08 10:23:29PM

Posted by jae_1833

Give the guy a break ....... he's been humbled.

Thats right on, smack talk is part of the game for some people and to a degree it adds a level of excitement to the fight. I judge people more on what they say after the fight. Sounded humbled to me.

Most of the people talking smack don't really believe what they are saying anyway.....it's mostly show.
ncordless
7/20/08 10:27:30PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Here, take of few of these.

.,!.?,...? !.!,?. .., !!."..."!,.?

Quasar
7/21/08 12:53:07AM
Silva's fists hit you James, and after all his talk about Anderson being weaker than him and Anderson looked bigger come fight time. Quite hilarious.
ThePlague
7/21/08 12:58:09AM
I can see why he doesn't remembered what transpired too clearly, but the KO came on the second to last punch. It was flush on the chin and James went limp. The guy certainly had some balls to step in there with Silva.