James Irvin Has Big Plans for Anderson Silva *(video)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » James Irvin Has Big Plans for Anderson Silva *(video)
juanez13
7/8/08 10:27:46AM
James Irvin talks about his upcoming fight with Middleweight Champ Anderson Silva.

LINK
DevonFoxy
7/8/08 10:31:49AM
I was with him until he said he was going to win the clinch. I think Irvin came off really good in this interview but if he wants to win the one place that he doesn't want to be ( other than on his back and Silva on top) is the Clinch!
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/8/08 10:35:08AM
everybody has a plan t'ill they eat Silva's knee
juanez13
7/8/08 10:42:14AM
Well Irvin has a really good clinch too, might not be as good as Silvas technically but with the weight (strenght) advantage it should at least put him at an equal footing. Dont think he'll do anything significant in the Clinch, but i dont think Silva is going to do much more.

i see alot of people underestimating Irvin, he is the best striker Silva has faced in the UFC, and i dont think Silva is going to steam roll through him, although i still see Silva being the winner, i dont see it ben a quick KO.

SmileR
7/8/08 10:57:26AM

Posted by juanez13

Well Irvin has a really good clinch too, might not be as good as Silvas technically but with the weight (strenght) advantage it should at least put him at an equal footing. Dont think he'll do anything significant in the Clinch, but i dont think Silva is going to do much more.

i see alot of people underestimating Irvin, he is the best striker Silva has faced in the UFC, and i dont think Silva is going to steam roll through him, although i still see Silva being the winner, i dont see it ben a quick KO.

I'm leaning more to a UD for Silva which is sad because I like Irvin.
DevonFoxy
7/8/08 11:01:10AM

Posted by juanez13

I agree 100% but I really don't think hes gonna come out on top if he's there the majority of the fight. I think Irvin is a great bet to win as the money is going to be great if he wins. I see the spider winning but I don't think anyone should be shocked if Irvin wins.
gsquat
7/8/08 11:07:49AM
Ha. I think its funny how he accepts his role as gatekeeper.
wolfman
7/8/08 5:30:53PM
James Irvin is a classy guy, doesn't get much respect though. I like both Irvin and Silva, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but WAR IRVIN!
FrankTheTank1181
7/8/08 8:41:24PM

Posted by gsquat

Ha. I think its funny how he accepts his role as gatekeeper.

Didn't he say "Gateway Guy"?
jiujitsufreak74
7/8/08 8:53:12PM
wow, within these past few weeks James Irvin has earned himself a new fan. he is a down to earth guy, very humble, intelligent and he is a class act. i hope he does well against Silva and hopefully we will see him make some waves at 205 in the future. i think he will last at least a round with Silva and surprise Silva a bit with the power advantage he is going to have. but, i still think Irvin's striking is too sloppy and Silva will be able to pick him apart and score a TKO in round 2.
Kracker_Jap
7/8/08 9:02:02PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

wow, within these past few weeks James Irvin has earned himself a new fan. he is a down to earth guy, very humble, intelligent and he is a class act. i hope he does well against Silva and hopefully we will see him make some waves at 205 in the future. i think he will last at least a round with Silva and surprise Silva a bit with the power advantage he is going to have. but, i still think Irvin's striking is too sloppy and Silva will be able to pick him apart and score a TKO in round 2.

I am glad people a finding out what i figure out 4 years ago