James Irvin?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » James Irvin?
HENDO915
10/7/08 3:40:46PM
What is to become of James Irvin. Even though he lost to Anderson Silva he is a good fighter with great knock out power. I think he could be reaally good if he was more focused. Anybody know what is up with James Irvin? Is he still with the UFC?
juanez13
10/7/08 3:52:16PM
as far as i know, he is still with the UFC, there hasnt been a word out about him being let go by the UFC.

I dont think his level of skill is not enough to compete with the top tier of the division, I think they'll feed him to new talent, or to an already established fighter thats coming off a loss, maybe a matt hammill
emfleek
10/7/08 3:54:10PM
How long is he suspended for? 6 months or a year?
juanez13
10/7/08 3:59:03PM

Posted by emfleek

How long is he suspended for? 6 months or a year?

Dont remember ever hearing for how long he actually was being suspended, but i dont remember mmaweekly saying that nevada usually gave anywhere from 8 to 9 month suspension for the type of drug he tested positive to.
telnights
10/7/08 4:01:29PM
The last word on him was Irvin tested positive for methadone and oxymorphone, after his fight with Anderson Silva. There hasn't been anything since. But those are two very strong drugs that you don't take for your basic pain. Those are the kind of drugs given to people with very bad chronic pain.
Twenty20Dollars
10/7/08 4:10:52PM
he has been inconstitent in the ufc, but yeah he is suspended.
artofdefense
10/7/08 4:25:02PM

Posted by telnights

The last word on him was Irvin tested positive for methadone and oxymorphone, after his fight with Anderson Silva. There hasn't been anything since. But those are two very strong drugs that you don't take for your basic pain. Those are the kind of drugs given to people with very bad chronic pain.

There also the kind of drugs given to addicts of illegal substances who are in withdrawl....
aaa9erh8er
10/7/08 8:16:04PM
ya but by them selfs they can do quite abit
mkiv9secsupra
10/8/08 1:45:44PM
When Irvine returns he should get a rematch with Silva. Thiago won because of an injury. Irvine can come back after his suspension and KO Thiago after Thiago TKOs Machida......
MMAcca
10/8/08 2:13:10PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

he has been inconstitent in the ufc,

So he has toilet issues too ?
Svartorm
10/8/08 5:29:16PM

Posted by artofdefense

Posted by telnights

There also the kind of drugs given to addicts of illegal substances who are in withdrawl....

They're also heavy pain-killers.
gsquat
10/8/08 5:33:25PM
Can you blame him? He knew he'd need them.