For James Te Huna, the Stakes are higher than Ever

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » For James Te Huna, the Stakes are higher than Ever
Rabi
2/14/13 5:02:04PM
Explosive striker James Te Huna, who fights Ryan Jimmo at UFC on FUEL TV 7 this Saturday at London's Wembley Arena, wasn't always an impressive athlete. But the self-described uncoordinated kid found his niche in combat, saying in 2010, "When I finished school I took up boxing, put a lot of hours in the gym, just worked hard at it, became good at it, and yeah - the fighting game was good for me."

Te Huna made his MMA debut in Australia in 2003 at age 21, losing his first fight by armbar. Winning more than he lost, his early career was nonetheless dogged by a chronic shoulder injury. At its worst, Te Huna was forced to consider quitting fighting when it dislocated in a 2007 loss to Hector Lombard. In one of the many small miracles that make up his triumph from over injury, however, Te Huna's shoulder recovered and he beat his next two opponents to earn a spot in an Australian light heavyweight tournament.

LINK
aussiemma
2/15/13 5:15:56AM
his time is now !
40ouncetpkid
2/15/13 6:28:27AM
Tuna will knock his head off!