James Te Huna’s New Year’s Resolution: A Move to Middleweight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » James Te Huna’s New Year’s Resolution: A Move to Middleweight
FastKnockout
1/9/14 12:18:42AM
All around the world, people, in a drunken haze, scream out their New Year’s resolutions on Dec. 31. It’s not until they wake up the next morning with a hangover to end all hangovers that a lot of them come to the conclusion that their resolution probably isn’t going to come to fruition.

Link
Budgellism
1/9/14 12:45:51AM
Very interesting. I don't know if he'll fair any better at Middleweight though.
Webbie
1/9/14 1:15:31AM

Posted by Budgellism

Very interesting. I don't know if he'll fair any better at Middleweight though.

Indeed. I don't think his weight is the issue.
OnyxShadow
1/9/14 2:13:52AM
He's 6'3" and fairly heavily muscled. That would be gigantic for middleweight. Its hard to imagine him making that sorta cut without serious diminishing returns on fight day performance and stamina.
mattjonesy
1/9/14 6:00:09AM
I always thought he was a big light heavy weight! He would have to loose some muscle mass to be competitive in my opinion.
prozacnation1978
1/9/14 9:32:26AM
Losing to Shogun and Glover is nothing to be ashamed about
BillsNewAccount
1/9/14 10:25:13AM
They should have billed Shogun v TeHuna as a loser leaves town match.

Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.
RacingHartPurple
1/9/14 1:03:53PM
I don't think this is a smart idea for Te Huna, he was pretty big at 205, I think he should stay there.
GDPofMPG
1/9/14 1:48:14PM
I don't think 185 will do him any good, he is a mid level UFC LHW figher at the moment with still room to grow, plus already one of the biggest LHWs, 185 could be bad for him physically.
frizzzlecake
1/9/14 2:26:03PM
I rather see him go to a new camp then change weight classes.
JLS1980
1/9/14 5:40:46PM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

They should have billed Shogun v TeHuna as a loser leaves town match.

Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

That's a little harsh to say about Te Huna. He was 5-2 going into the Shogun fight with those 2 losses against Gustafsson and Texeira.

I don't think he'd be super competitive in either weight division but there are still plenty of solid fights for him. Plus the LHW Division is on the thin side with 30 total fighters.
That 30 includes Sonnen who plans on moving to MW after the Wandy fight and Cormier who just moved down from HW.