Jake Shields Officially A Free Agent, As Of Today

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jake Shields Officially A Free Agent, As Of Today
MMAcca
11/21/08 8:30:13AM
Former EliteXC welterweight champion Jake Shields (22-4-1) has officially reached free agent status after the collapse of his former organization.

Now 30 days after filing a breach of contract against his former employer, Shields told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that the company is in breach of contract and that he's excited to test the open market in search of a new home.

"My 30 days is up today," Shields said on Thursday. "Today I consider myself a free agent. EliteXC still has no reply, but as far as the contract goes, I'm a free agent today."

With recent wins over world-class competition in Paul Daley, Nick Thompson, Mike Pyle, Carlos Condit and Yushin Okami, among others, to his credit, Shields will certainly be in immediate demand.

LINK
gartface
11/21/08 9:53:34AM
I give him a week until he's signed. What do you guys think?
Twenty20Dollars
11/21/08 10:44:18AM
I will say if he is going to get signed by the UFC it wont be till like the start of '09
tuvok500
11/21/08 11:06:12AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I will say if he is going to get signed by the UFC it wont be till like the start of '09

No no man, Dana will tell him " sigh this ******* contract, sigh it ******* now, i said ******* now ******* #%@^^@^^@# " lol

gartface
11/21/08 11:31:41AM

Posted by tuvok500

No no man, Dana will tell him " sigh this ******* contract, sigh it ******* now, i said ******* now ******* #%@^^@^^@# " lol

Why would Dana want him to breath on the contract so much?
MMAcca
11/21/08 2:09:52PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by tuvok500

Why would Dana want him to breath on the contract so much?

Naturaldisaster
11/21/08 2:51:32PM
Come to ufc!!!!! soon
Jackelope
11/21/08 5:44:36PM
I honestly wonder if they'll try to send him to the WEC. How weird would that be?
xphycorx
11/21/08 5:47:17PM
if the ufc doesn't sign him then i won't watch mma anymore....

...i take that back, i still will. i will be very disappointed though.
The-Don
11/21/08 7:14:53PM
I already know he is going to the UFC.. My Jits instructor is a student of his.. Jake has been talking to Dana heavily the last couple of weeks.. they were just waiting for it to be official that he was free before he would sign.. from what I understand the deal is basically worked out they just could not sign anything until he was officially free.
prozacnation1978
11/21/08 7:35:59PM
ufc will sign him by next week but i doubt he will fight till feb or march