Jake Shields vs. Karo Parysian

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Jake Shields vs. Karo Parysian
POLL: Jake or Karo
Jake Shields continues winning streak 31% (10)
Karo Parysian sings judo throws song remix 69% (22)
vick_vega
1/13/08 7:02:33PM
Now tell me, whose winning this. I'm taking the heat cause I think he's beaten better combat compitition. Probably a decision. Wanna tell us how you feel bro.
vick_vega
1/13/08 8:13:50PM
Wanna hear ya. Groove.
NatedawgThaM
1/13/08 10:19:07PM
I think Jake Shields would win like Diego. He's easily the best WW out of the UFC. I think he would outwork Karo and I don't really think Karo's Judo will be a factor since Shields is an excellent grappler. Jake would own on the feet. I would give a Unanimous or Split decision at best to Jake.
atlas777
1/14/08 9:29:30AM
No doubt i would stick with the heat i think he is a better grappler he has really good cardio and he can just keep pushing you until you break and if you dont break he will push you and beat you up until the final bell his only downfall is that he isnt a beast on his feet but hes still not horrible there if he can catch you with one of his huge haymakers or two.
cowcatcher
1/14/08 1:26:18PM
id go with karo, but this one is close to being a toss up.
xchickox
1/14/08 1:59:20PM
i'd need shields to beat some top 10 fighters before i picked him over karo, karo is way to impressive and has fought some amazing fights
Styles
1/14/08 2:49:57PM

Posted by xchickox

i'd need shields to beat some top 10 fighters before i picked him over karo, karo is way to impressive and has fought some amazing fights

Unless Karo has fought a couple of times since I last seen him, he is far from impressive. This would be a close match-up and I would only hope that Shields would win this. The only person luckier then Karo at this time is Brett Farve.
cowcatcher
1/14/08 4:47:19PM

Posted by Styles

Posted by xchickox

Unless Karo has fought a couple of times since I last seen him, he is far from impressive. This would be a close match-up and I would only hope that Shields would win this. The only person luckier then Karo at this time is Brett Farve.

how is brett favre or karo lucky? great post buddy, cant wait to hear more of your inspired, well thought out ramblings.
loonytnt
1/15/08 5:46:15PM
heat
Pookie
1/15/08 5:58:23PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Styles

Posted by xchickox

how is brett favre or karo lucky? great post buddy, cant wait to hear more of your inspired, well thought out ramblings.

forgive him, he knows not what he says
mrliquid
1/15/08 6:15:52PM
Karo is fearless standing up and great at everything else i take the heat.
DevonFoxy
1/15/08 8:12:11PM
Shields.
pretty easily
Shields is a great wrestler name one wreslter Karo has beaten when that wrestler was top ten.
He lost to Sherk 2x's, Deigo whose wrestling is pretty good and he also lost to GSP who has pretty good wrestling.
Shields by UD or RNC
DevonFoxy
1/15/08 8:14:29PM

Posted by mrliquid

Karo is fearless standing up and great at everything else i take the heat.

Karo has horrible Take down Defense and his stand up isn't on par with Shields actually the only thing he has on Shields is judo.
Pookie
1/15/08 9:45:35PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Shields.
pretty easily
Shields is a great wrestler name one wreslter Karo has beaten when that wrestler was top ten.
He lost to Sherk 2x's, Deigo whose wrestling is pretty good and he also lost to GSP who has pretty good wrestling.
Shields by UD or RNC

Shields also subbed the "unsubbable" jon fitch in adcc
I think he could sub Karo.
mrliquid
1/15/08 9:58:58PM
the only mentionable guy Jake beat besides fitch was Condit Karo has beaten Burkman/Fickett,Serra,Diaz and a very close fight with GSP they both have alot of wins by decisions but Karo is more of a finisher and never has a boring fight if it stays standing I dont see Jake winning and I see a toss up if its a ground war.
Pookie
1/15/08 10:12:49PM

Posted by mrliquid

the only mentionable guy Jake beat besides fitch was Condit Karo has beaten Burkman/Fickett,Serra,Diaz and a very close fight with GSP they both have alot of wins by decisions but Karo is more of a finisher and never has a boring fight if it stays standing I dont see Jake winning and I see a toss up if its a ground war.

Karo's last fight was boring...

The last 2 times Karo finished a fight were early 2006 and late 2003.
9 of his last 12 victories were by Decision. How does that make you a finisher?

Now to Shields

Shields beat Yushin Okami while fighting 15 pounds above his weight class.
Fought to a draw against a current top 5 MW in Kazuo misaki
Defeated Sakurai top 5-10 arguably
Akira Kikuchi ( who fought to a SD loss to Shinya Aoki[top 5] )

DevonFoxy
1/15/08 11:17:04PM

Posted by mrliquid

Oh yea that Yushin Okami guy hes horrible

Dave Menne is also no walk over and Mike Pyle is a pretty good fighter as well so your reasoning is flawed. Personally I think if Shields was more seeable as Karo is people would be much more on the Shields bandwagon.

Really though i refer back to my first argument as all you really need to know about him is he is a wrestler which is Karo's kryptonite.