Jake Shields fir UFC opponent, who would you like to see

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Jake Shields fir UFC opponent, who would you like to see
POLL: If Shields comes to the UFC, who would you like to see him face first?
Alves/Fitch Winner/Loser 31% (10)
Koscheck/Daley Winner/Loser 6% (2)
Dan Hardy 19% (6)
Paulo Thiago 13% (4)
Davis or Baroni 9% (3)
Kampman or Swick 22% (7)
TimW001
4/23/10 12:10:56AM
against him? Personally I feel Paulo Thiago would be good. He's a strong opponent, wont be easy, so I think it would put Shields right where he should be in the division.
TheGodfather1024
4/23/10 12:44:11AM
I would like to see him face Paulo Thiago.
State_Champ
4/23/10 9:14:42AM
He should fight GSP since Jake was the champ in SF
gcraig22
4/23/10 10:26:54AM
I vote for Kos, Fitch, or Alves. he already beat Daley, in the 1st round no less.
Violence108
4/23/10 11:49:32AM

Posted by State_Champ

the MW champ, not WW
i say give him the winner or Kos/Daley
State_Champ
4/23/10 11:56:56AM
Jake fights WW and MW but I see what you're getting at.
Khaos
4/23/10 12:03:02PM
If he were to come in at WW, then I say Paulo Thiago. If he he were to come in at MW, I would say Vitor Belfort.
jae_1833
4/23/10 12:08:54PM
So I picked Kampmann, reason being Fairness.....it's the same guy Condit hd to fight when he showed up to the UFC. Kampmann is still ranked about the same when Condit showed up, he is still really well rounded, he is still in great shape, he is still a great div gatekeeper!
prozacnation1978
4/23/10 12:51:44PM
My guess is he will sign in may with ufc
And either get gsp in sept or. Face winner of kos/daley

Or maybe a dan hardy. Or swick
sbulldavid
4/23/10 4:51:48PM
I think he will face Fitch/Alves winner, he's already beaten Daley and Fitch and Alves are considered the top two contenders. I still think that it's very possible that he fights GSP.
BustedKnuckle
4/25/10 5:51:05PM
Even though Jake is a champion in SF, I hope the UFC brings him along slowly. I voted for Kampman/Swick winner. Jake needs to be tested but not thrown to the wolves. If he can beat FINISH!! either of these guys then put him in #1 contender fight with Alves/Fitch winner!?!? But he needs to show some finishing ability. Why do you think Fitchie hasnt got another title shot!! No finishing power! Flat out. I disagree with it but the UFC appaerntly doesn't!
lohmann
4/25/10 6:28:55PM
I would not be surprised if White guarantees Shields an immediate title shot in order to pull him away from Strikeforce. It's an unbeatable incentive, and White probably does not want to resort to having the winner of Fitch vs. Alves fighting St. Pierre after the winner of Koscheck vs. Daley gets a crack at him.

If not, maybe the loser of Fitch vs. Alves. Somebody in the UFC's top five welterweights, considering Shields's beefed-up status as a dominant figure across two divisions. He would deservedly start high on the UFC's ladder, regardless.
gartface
4/25/10 6:59:05PM

Posted by Violence108

Posted by State_Champ

the MW champ, not WW
i say give him the winner or Kos/Daley

More of a reason to give it to him. He went up to a weight he doesn't normally fight at, and dominated...dominated Dan Henderson.

Give him GSP.
StorminYourman
4/26/10 10:08:16PM
Hughes
Pookie
4/27/10 3:33:01AM
Anthony Johnson or winner of Alves/Fitch depending on where you want to start him off at.

Either way i think he loses personally.
BustedKnuckle
4/27/10 8:24:17PM
After a bit of thought i would love to see Jake against Anthony Johnson. Great match up and it would put AJ to the TD test again. I hope he has improved since the KOS fight.
Pookie
4/27/10 9:28:15PM
I feel that Koscheck's takedowns are way better than Shields. Whereas Shields is the better grappler.