JAKE SHIELDS FINALLY GETS HIS TITLE SHOT

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » JAKE SHIELDS FINALLY GETS HIS TITLE SHOT
MMAcca
7/26/08 1:01:57AM
Jake Shields has been considered one of the world’s best 170-pound fighters for the last few years. He is perhaps the best welterweight not currently fighting in the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Shields, the MMAWeekly No. 7 ranked welterweight in the world, will be fighting for the vacant EliteXC crown against Nick Thompson this Saturday night.

Shields recently joined MMAWeekly Radio to discuss his preparation for his upcoming bout. “Training is going great,” said Shields. “I'm peaking out perfectly. I'm ready to fight. I haven't fought in way too long. Almost nine months. I'm super excited. I think Nick Thompson is a good opponent and I'm excited to be fighting on CBS as well.”

LINK
xphycorx
7/26/08 1:41:23AM
i love this kid. i wish the ufc would steal him away from elite xc. he would definitely stir up the ww division in the ufc.
Wolfenstein
7/26/08 2:30:01AM
Jake Shields is a beast, but people are underestimating "The Goat". I take Nick via 4th round KO.
bls1919
7/26/08 11:33:24AM
This is going to be a great fight. I cant wait. I will go with Shields via UD. Both of these guys are beasts. The Goat has more expierience. And is the champ so Sheilds will have his work cut out for him