Jake Shields calls out Johny Hendricks, says to 'quit crying' about not receiving title shot

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jake Shields calls out Johny Hendricks, says to 'quit crying' about not receiving title shot
sparky
12/6/12 9:12:09PM
Former #1 welterweight contender Jake Shields has put in his thoughts on Johny Hendricks' apparent title shot snub, telling him to "quit crying" and that Hendricks should fight Shields next.

If you've been following today's news that Nick Diaz is "probably" receiving the next welterweight title shot against Georges St. Pierre despite losing his last fight AND is still on suspension by the Nevada State AC, you'll find out that Johny Hendricks wasn't exactly pleased about this decision and wants to fight GSP next. He's been talking about this on Twitter for the last several hours, and Jake Shields has chimed in with his own thoughts towards Hendricks as well as a call to fight him.

Link
george112
12/6/12 9:15:16PM
Who the Fuck are you Jake!?

All your doing is trying to weasel your way into fighting Hendricks to try and catapult yourself back to the top
FastKnockout
12/6/12 9:21:01PM
He better watch out. dont want Hendricks making him relive his Ellenberger expierence.
JoeWarren33
12/6/12 10:01:45PM
I would like to see Jake vs Johnny fight. Sounds like Jake is making a proposal to fight. Guess he see's something in Johnny's game that gives him an advantage. I think everyone on the Johnny bandwagon gotta remember who Jake Shields is. If he fights the way he can, he could probally sub Johnny. As Jake has subbed some really good strikers in the past.
Budgellism
12/6/12 10:03:19PM
Says the guy that got a title shot with one controversial win
SmileR
12/6/12 10:08:54PM
He should take the Shields fight so he's not rusty for GSP when they fight. He'll need to be on the very top of his game to even rival GSP so anytime out will only work as a disadvantage to him. Just my humble opinion though.
jae_1833
12/6/12 11:16:39PM
I feel Jake trying to get a big fight like this, especially after losing to Ellenberger the way he did. However, I don't think Hendricks will risk it. I think with the current politics in MMa he will just wait it out another couple of months.
isk
12/6/12 11:58:41PM
As much as I respect Jake as a fighter, he must REALLY like getting punched in the face.
Manak
12/7/12 12:06:59AM
jake is just backing his buddy nick n trying to get a primetime fight, like the loyalty but the title shot is still bs
Gogoplatapus
12/7/12 12:10:17AM
Now that is what I call a good friend. Way to run the interference Jake!
kingsmasher
12/7/12 12:29:02AM
I would like to see Hendricks and Ellenberger fight....since we are talking bout a Jake...
Bubbles
12/7/12 12:51:21AM

Posted by Budgellism

after dominating Strikeforce and beating Hendo.
bjj1605
12/7/12 1:15:14AM
I like Shields but he would get owned in this fight. Horrible match up for him.
tcunningham
12/7/12 2:47:02AM

Posted by george112

Who the Fuck are you Jake!?

All your doing is trying to weasel your way into fighting Hendricks to try and catapult yourself back to the top

i think you're onto something. he thinks he's got something to say now that his buddy Diaz gets the shot. sounds to me like the only reason Diaz gets the shot is because GSP asked for it. maybe jake should thank GSP for giving Diaz a shot.
frizzzlecake
12/7/12 10:41:19AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Budgellism

So dominating is eating a H-bomb and being very very close to being finished? Come on playa. He won soundly but don't throw the dominate word

I agree with Shields this is a fight business, shut up and fight. If you want a guaranteed titleshot go to Bellator.
postman
12/7/12 10:58:21AM

Posted by frizzzlecake

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Budgellism

So dominating is eating a H-bomb and being very very close to being finished? Come on playa. He won soundly but don't throw the dominate word

I agree with Shields this is a fight business, shut up and fight. If you want a guaranteed titleshot go to Bellator.

He did dominate SF.
Bubbles
12/7/12 11:25:50AM

Posted by frizzzlecake

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Budgellism

reread what I wrote

although winning 49-46 and completely outworking Hendo for rounds 2-5 is pretty close to dominating
BillsNewAccount
12/7/12 11:26:13AM

Posted by postman

Posted by frizzzlecake

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Budgellism

He did dominate SF.

And beat Hendo.

I heard afterwards Hendo was sick but it was still an impressive win and I wouldn't be surprised if Jake pulled out a win against Hendricks in a similar fashion.
postman
12/7/12 11:43:37AM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Posted by postman

Posted by frizzzlecake

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Budgellism

He did dominate SF.

And beat Hendo.

I heard afterwards Hendo was sick but it was still an impressive win and I wouldn't be surprised if Jake pulled out a win against Hendricks in a similar fashion.

Hell yeah it was. I mean Jake has the style to beat Dan with his top game and TD. Dans TDD leaves much to be desired. But he surrvived a H Bomb and won the rest of the fight.
BuffaloDave
12/7/12 12:27:23PM
Easy to talk some shit when suspended and planning a move back to MW isn't it Shields?
Poor_Franklin
12/7/12 2:24:12PM
what do Jake Shields & Nick Diaz have in common? They don't let failing a test for a banned substance keep them from talking shit,
jay98107
12/7/12 3:23:03PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Budgellism

Precisely. And while I think Hendricks deserves the title shot and find him quite exciting, it's time to move on. If you're really that good, keep winning until the UFC gives you a title shot.
BillsNewAccount
12/7/12 3:57:39PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Easy to talk some shit when suspended and planning a move back to MW isn't it Shields?

I didn't take it that way at all. Those Gracie boys just have each others back. Regardless if it's Mayhem stealing Jake's spotlight or Hendricks saying Nick doesn't deserve the shot or even KJ Noons Dad for that matter.

Although I think that last one was just Diaz bros being Diaz bros.
prozacnation1978
12/7/12 6:45:29PM
johnny would knock pillow fists jr out faster than he did kammpman or fitch
prophecy033
12/7/12 8:35:03PM
Yo Dana and Company, once Shields comes back from his suspension you guys need to set up Hendricks vs Shields. I'd love to see Shields get KTFO.