Jake Shields Calls Frank Shamrock 'a Coward,' Wants Cung Le

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jake Shields Calls Frank Shamrock 'a Coward,' Wants Cung Le
emfleek
8/17/09 1:41:31PM
Want to see a fired up Jake Shields? Just mention the name Frank Shamrock.

Shields told FanHouse recently that Shamrock "is scared to fight me" and that he always "disrespects" him.

STORY
jae_1833
8/17/09 4:54:53PM
If he doesn't fight Cung Le real soon (say 2-3 months) then I think that SF could be able to arrange an Interim Title fight with either Diaz or Hieron (dependending on if they fight and who wins) It has been a year and a half since Cung Le last fought, where he won the title in the first place. I don't believe that Frank Shamrock would even be in the title picture even if it was an Interim Title due to his lst defeat to Diaz
scobac
8/17/09 5:13:44PM

Posted by jae_1833

If he doesn't fight Cung Le real soon (say 2-3 months) then I think that SF could be able to arrange an Interim Title fight with either Diaz or Hieron (dependending on if they fight and who wins) It has been a year and a half since Cung Le last fought, where he won the title in the first place. I don't believe that Frank Shamrock would even be in the title picture even if it was an Interim Title due to his lst defeat to Diaz

I agree that Cung needs to act now, I think he needs to sign on the dotted line within in the next 2-3 weeks or put the title up for grabs. I dont think Diaz and Shields would ever fight each other, as far as I know they are good friends and training partners (atleast they were), unless there was a falling out between the two but I havnt heard anything.
jae_1833
8/17/09 5:23:38PM
Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that....Hmmmm, hope Jay wins then??
I guess I think he should make the move to the UFC then, we all know the UFC probably won't take Diaz with all the drama he brings. I think Jake could make a good impression rather quickly in theUFC. What else is there for him in SF if he isn't heading to the top. That's just to similar with the whole A. Silva going to the LHW Div in the UFC. Why put yourself in a professional black hole?
prozacnation1978
8/17/09 10:32:38PM
why waste ur time with shamrock when they just signed jacabre and matt lindland, add joey, cung le and scott smith,
shields should have no problem getting fights at strikeforce
Aether
8/18/09 1:50:03AM
Shields thinks he's a lot better than he is IMO.