Jake Rosholt ready for the ‘fight of his life’ against Chris Leben at UFC 102

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jake Rosholt ready for the ‘fight of his life’ against Chris Leben at UFC 102
jae_1833
8/25/09 3:17:34PM
link

“This is a huge, huge fight for me. I’m fighting someone with a big name, who has tons of fans and respect. It’s on pay-per-view, on the main card, so I’m pumped. As far as I’m concerned, it’s the biggest fight of my life…. Chris is a very tough fighter who always comes forward and puts pressure on his opponents, and he’s gonna try to knock my head off. But I’ll be ready for that and I’ll be able to take the fight wherever I want.”

chickmagnet
8/25/09 3:24:30PM
I think Rosholt will be able to take Leben down, and keep him there. Rosholt isnt being given a chance, but style wise I think hes got a great shot.
jiujitsufreak74
8/25/09 3:33:57PM
i really hope Rosholt takes this to the mat asap and doesn't try to strike with Leben. if he makes this into a wrestling match he has this in the bag
tepid55
8/25/09 3:43:00PM
I think Rosholt will be able to take Leben down at will and control him on the ground en route to a decision win.
emfleek
8/25/09 3:48:44PM

Posted by tepid55

I think Rosholt will be able to take Leben down at will and control him on the ground en route to a decision win.

Leben's got a pretty decent sprawl, so I wouldn't bank on that.
mshalosky
8/25/09 4:04:37PM

Posted by tepid55
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you seen rosholts fight with osterneck? He was getting destroyed on the feet and leben is a much better striker than osterneck. Rosholt will stand for a minute take some hard shots and repetedly miss on sloppy shots. This will inturn tire him out and then comes the KO. Plus even if he gets taken down i think he will get back up pretty quick.
xdanish020
8/25/09 4:20:55PM
aka Leben is gonna try to knock me out and I'm gonna try to lay on him for 3 rounds because that's the only way Rosholt is winning this fight...
MMA-San
8/25/09 8:46:00PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by tepid55

LOL. This gets the most hilarious post of the year award.

We are talking about Jake Rosholt here anot Kalib Starnes...who took down Leben quite a few times.
emfleek
8/25/09 9:25:41PM

Posted by MMA-San

Kalib Starnes...who took down Leben quite a few times.

He "took him down" (fell on top of him once and dragged him to the ground the other time) twice. Once was due to an error on Leben's part after he attempted a spinning back fist. He was off balance and Kalib rushed in and basically fell on top of him. The 2nd time Kalib basically dragged him to the ground after rocking him with a fist.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
8/26/09 1:50:09AM
Rosholt is going to get pummeled