Jake O'Brien finds a new home

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jake O'Brien finds a new home
disorderlyvision
5/4/08 2:43:08PM
link

California-based, Palace Fighting Championship (PFC) has announced the signing of recently released UFC heavyweight Jake O'Brien.

O'Brien was undefeated with a 10-0 record until his loss to Andrei Arlovski at UFC 82. He was subsequently released by the UFC a month ago.

What does PFC president Christian Printup have to say about his most recent signing? "We are very excited to bring in one of the most promising young heavyweights in the country," swooned El Presidente "He's proven himself at the sports highest level... Jake is a great wrestler with solid boxing skills. A lot of people haven't seen that, but we want to put him in some fights where he can show it."

Why the UFC cut a 10-1 fighter from the weakest division they have is beyond me, but hey they got Lesnar vs. Coleman so that's... something.

juanez13
5/4/08 2:47:05PM
already posted LINK
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/4/08 4:06:50PM

Posted by juanez13

already posted LINK

u always catch these before most other people, u should get a badge for Thread Killer after about 100 of these lol
disorderlyvision
5/4/08 7:58:10PM

Posted by juanez13

already posted LINK

who cares!!!!???? do you get some sort of enjoyment of busting peoples balls about posting topics? if it has been posted ignore it, post in the original, or let the mods take care of it. this is part of the reason i quit posting news in the first place. somone always gotta bxtch bout something. i used to be one of the only people that posted news back when the playground first got strated, & people would nit pick or bxtch cause it already got posted. so excuse the hell outta me for accidentally posting a topic that got posted before. i bet there are hundreds of news articles that i posted that no one else has. i have close to 900 posts and over half of those are news articles. so if you dont appreciate that stay out of my already posted topics and read peoples posts that dont bother you.

edit: and i see that you dont have a news badge, so instead of bitching about people posting news why don't you hunt down news articles and post them instead of being an a$$
juanez13
5/4/08 8:26:16PM
i Post the link so incase you didnt notice it was already posted so that you can post your thoughts on it in the original thread and see what other people had to say about it, also this way maybe next time you try using the search feature, or better yet just check todays topic and you can see if its posted already. some people dont bother for whatever reason and just post the same news over and over again. also i do post news, just i check before i post them and most of the time someone has already so whats the point, so instead of posting 100 news i post 50 because the other 50 were already posted. and about the badge, if anything it should mean you know how to post the news, not just post every news you encounter without seeing if other people had them before. Im not bitching dude, every time i see a double post other people already notified the TS, and normally they dont bitch instead they thank you for letting them know, and most the time after that they take the time to look next time. also about hunting down threads, i dont, its as simply as looking at todays topics and you can easily see it as you are looking at the other threads.
IriShame
5/4/08 9:12:31PM
What a deusch. Take it easy dude. What the **** do you care?
jiujitsufreak74
5/4/08 9:23:59PM
well it is important that we don't have multiple threads on the same news story. so juanez just points out that it was posted. if you want to continue to discuss the topic, then just bump the thread. usually it is a mistake as the poster didn't see it, so juanez just points it out. its important because then you have two separate discussions about the same topic and you do not get to see everyone's view point or arguments will be made twice. just something that has to be done.
Ben_Hutch
5/4/08 9:30:00PM

Posted by disorderlyvision

Posted by juanez13

already posted LINK

who cares!!!!???? do you get some sort of enjoyment of busting peoples balls about posting topics? if it has been posted ignore it, post in the original, or let the mods take care of it. this is part of the reason i quit posting news in the first place. somone always gotta bxtch bout something. i used to be one of the only people that posted news back when the playground first got strated, & people would nit pick or bxtch cause it already got posted. so excuse the hell outta me for accidentally posting a topic that got posted before. i bet there are hundreds of news articles that i posted that no one else has. i have close to 900 posts and over half of those are news articles. so if you dont appreciate that stay out of my already posted topics and read peoples posts that dont bother you.

edit: and i see that you dont have a news badge, so instead of bitching about people posting news why don't you hunt down news articles and post them instead of being an a$$

He didn't want multiple links. Stop being so immature and get on with it.
disorderlyvision
5/4/08 9:41:01PM

Posted by juanez13

i Post the link so incase you didnt notice it was already posted so that you can post your thoughts on it in the original thread and see what other people had to say about it, also this way maybe next time you try using the search feature, or better yet just check todays topic and you can see if its posted already. some people dont bother for whatever reason and just post the same news over and over again. also i do post news, just i check before i post them and most of the time someone has already so whats the point, so instead of posting 100 news i post 50 because the other 50 were already posted. and about the badge, if anything it should mean you know how to post the news, not just post every news you encounter without seeing if other people had them before. Im not bitching dude, every time i see a double post other people already notified the TS, and normally they dont bitch instead they thank you for letting them know, and most the time after that they take the time to look next time. also about hunting down threads, i dont, its as simply as looking at todays topics and you can easily see it as you are looking at the other threads.

like i said i post a lot of news if i searched every fricking news article i post it would take forever. i read the news section daily so i usually know what has and has not been posted. big f'n deal if one or two get by that has been posted previously. get over it, as i have said i have posted hundreds of news articles that no one would have gotten to read if i didnt post them maybe a few of them would have been posted by somone else, but thats not the point. the point is i take time out of my day to post news to help people stay abreast on the happening in mma, and though you say you are just being polite in pointing out that a topic has already been posted it doesnt seem to be the case. you have obviously done it enough that the guy that posted right under you said you should get a badge for busting people out on duplicate threads. i just think you could find something better to do with your time.
disorderlyvision
5/4/08 9:47:11PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

He didn't want multiple links. Stop being so immature and get on with it.

I guess your an expert with your 91 total post you have obviously contributed so much to the forums you should be given an award
and thank you for your thoughtful contribution to this thread without it i think this thread would have went down the drain but you have obviously salvaged it with your display of maturity. you could do something constructive like umm i dunno post news, or you could just keep gracing us with these gems of a post and enlightining all of our lives thank you so much.
disorderlyvision
5/4/08 9:50:44PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

well it is important that we don't have multiple threads on the same news story. so juanez just points out that it was posted. if you want to continue to discuss the topic, then just bump the thread. usually it is a mistake as the poster didn't see it, so juanez just points it out. its important because then you have two separate discussions about the same topic and you do not get to see everyone's view point or arguments will be made twice. just something that has to be done.

I agree and i understand why its not great to have duplicate topics. it is just irritating cause like i said i have actually contributed a lot to the news forum and of the hundreds of topics i have posted i would guess less than ten have been reposts, but according to juarenez i guess that means i dont know how to post news and am unfamiliar with the rules, but whatever i will just go back to not posting news and let you guys have at it.
jiujitsufreak74
5/4/08 10:21:43PM

I agree and i understand why its not great to have duplicate topics. it is just irritating cause like i said i have actually contributed a lot to the news forum and of the hundreds of topics i have posted i would guess less than ten have been reposts, but according to juarenez i guess that means i dont know how to post news and am unfamiliar with the rules, but whatever i will just go back to not posting news and let you guys have at it.

well i was just trying to explain his case from a clam manner. i like your contributions to the news section and i believe that this is just a misunderstanding that got heated.
disorderlyvision
5/5/08 8:23:31AM

well i was just trying to explain his case from a clam manner. i like your contributions to the news section and i believe that this is just a misunderstanding that got heated.

and i was agreeing with you, my problem is that people who do not post news regularly think they are cool cause they bust people out for a double post like it was intentional. i dont think news posters open up the news section and say gee lets see what has been posted so i can post it again. it is an accident. typically the other article isnt on the first page, so it didnt spark much conversation to begin with. so if the people who bust people out for duplicate threads would ignore it, it would be on the second page in no time and forgotten about.

btw what is a clam manner
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/5/08 11:28:31AM
Boy this thread got outta hand
Rush
5/5/08 11:38:18AM

btw what is a clam manner

I think he was trying to explain that he was explaining it from a house made from (or for?) clams... (clam manor) and just misspelled manor.

Just to be sure I googled "clam manor" and actually got a few hits. Looks like there are others out there too.
bbman182
5/5/08 11:32:31PM
keyboard warriors collide