Jake O'Brien

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Jake O'Brien
hado3
11/1/07 6:56:11PM
does anyone know where he went or why he hasnt had a fight recently

my guess is either an injury or a contract dispute considering his last fight was his 3rd in the UFC
kevietre
11/1/07 7:05:27PM
Jake O Brien is the world's most exciting fighter. NOT!
babalu2720
11/1/07 7:33:01PM
He was supposed to fight Tom Murphy at UFC 72, but he has stingers in his back and neck, which can be career ending if not handled correctly, but he got takesn care of and should be back early/mid 2008
cmill21
11/1/07 7:38:07PM
Hopefully he's ok, but I have no interest in seeing him fight ever again. Like Herring said if the fans want to see two guys lay on each other...you know the rest.
ohiostate1016
11/1/07 8:58:49PM
Why are people bashing Jake O'Brien? I think he's a really underrated fighter. He's 10-0, and 8 of his fights were (T)KO's. He's not as boring as people may think. A win over Heath Herring is a win over Heath Herring. He had a gameplan going into that match, and he executed it wonderfully. Irish JOB is MY boy!
Scott_Revels
11/1/07 9:50:41PM
I must've not seen the same fight.. Heath was laying all over O'Brien, and had no clue what he was doing.. Then when O'Brien had the upper hand, he was taking the back, pounding away.. Heath was a moron in the ring that night. Nog might've been a little thrown off by the cage, but he still beat Herring, who had more experience in the cage than Nog at the time. Sad, but Herring just makes excuses for why loses. I for one have O'Brien as my ten spot on my top ten.. I mean. Even Fedor isn't on my list.. O'Brien is though.
cmill21
11/1/07 10:23:36PM

Posted by Scott_Revels

I for one have O'Brien as my ten spot on my top ten.. I mean. Even Fedor isn't on my list.. O'Brien is though.

Thats why you missed the fight....
ohiostate1016
11/1/07 10:29:45PM

Posted by Scott_Revels

I must've not seen the same fight.. Heath was laying all over O'Brien, and had no clue what he was doing.. Then when O'Brien had the upper hand, he was taking the back, pounding away.. Heath was a moron in the ring that night. Nog might've been a little thrown off by the cage, but he still beat Herring, who had more experience in the cage than Nog at the time. Sad, but Herring just makes excuses for why loses. I for one have O'Brien as my ten spot on my top ten.. I mean. Even Fedor isn't on my list.. O'Brien is though.

Even I don't like JOB that much...
Franklinfan47
11/2/07 9:59:05AM
I like O'brien as well. He's a tough, overated kid with alot of potential.