Jacon Volkmann: I never said Obama needed a glassectomy

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jacon Volkmann: I never said Obama needed a glassectomy
emfleek
1/12/12 10:22:08AM
Jacob Volkmann was widely quoted as saying to Joe Rogan immediately post fight at UFC 141 "Obama needs a glassectomy. Ask me what a glassectomy is, Joe."

This was the second time he had made unfortunate remarks about the President. The first time he said "someone needs to knock some sense into that idiot."

That earned him a visit from the Secret Service temporary placement on administrative leave by the High School where he works part time as a wrestling coach.

This time the Secret Service had better things to do, but Volkmann was again suspended. This time Volkmann says he is innocent.

LINK
calitrees
1/12/12 10:26:25AM
Wish Volkmann would have gotten choked at the end of that fight so we didnt have to listen to his corny ass
Theoutlaw08
1/12/12 10:47:33AM
I wanna see Christmas fight someone higher up....to see if he can really win a big fight. The UDs and splits are getting old. I still like him....
scoozna
1/12/12 10:57:41AM
Sounds like he's splitting hairs, or making a distinction without a difference.
Chael_Sonnen
1/12/12 11:22:37AM
I believe you Mr. Volkmann
airkerma
1/12/12 12:25:15PM
A simple google search provided the dialogue. It is true, he didn't say "Obama needs a glassectomy" he said "I want Obama to call me, so we can schedule a glassectomy. Ask me what a glassectomy is..." Sorry Volkmann, but your "defense" is about as good as your standup (striking or comedy). Just man up and take whatever dopey punishment you get for making dopey jokes.
emfleek
1/12/12 12:27:26PM
He's going to end up getting cut and then I'll laugh. It sounds to me like he needs to schedule himself a glassectomy.
Sir_Karl
1/12/12 12:43:57PM
Frankly I wish the UFC would dump his RW BS ass.
Dberntson
1/12/12 12:46:57PM
I actually know him and have met him a couple times. He coaches at my old high school with one of my buddies. He is a really good guy and pretty humble in person, just not funny. He's good. His record is proof of that. I agree, he needs to stick to fighting and leave the comedy to Rogan. He should keep his politics out of the ring as well. No one wants to hear that.

I personnally believe he is not getting the tougher competition because Dana is afraid he will beat some of the higher up strikers via lay and pray/grappling 101 and knock them off the title contenders list. They need to give Volkmann someone like Guida who can wrestle and strike to really see how good he is.
Bubbles
1/12/12 1:24:31PM
give him Melvin Guillard so we dont have to see Volkmann again
Chael_Sonnen
1/12/12 1:55:11PM

Posted by Bubbles

Melvin would get submitted.
Budgellism
1/12/12 2:49:27PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by Bubbles

Yeah, I don't think Guillard would be the one to shut him up. Give him Bendo eventually, then we'll see him get abused.
prophecy033
1/12/12 2:54:50PM
I you really wanna see him punished, throw him in there with Nate Diaz, his mouth would be so swollen he wouldn't be able to talk, let alone tell another lame ass joke
RhythmAndStyle
1/12/12 3:17:09PM

Posted by prophecy033

I you really wanna see him punished, throw him in there with Nate Diaz, his mouth would be so swollen he wouldn't be able to talk, let alone tell another lame ass joke

i dont think that'll happen..Volkman would blanket him for 3 rounds, not a Volkman fan, but i would put money on him to decision Nate in a match..
prophecy033
1/12/12 3:46:41PM

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

Posted by prophecy033

i dont think that'll happen..Volkman would blanket him for 3 rounds, not a Volkman fan, but i would put money on him to decision Nate in a match..

Don't get me wrong, Volkmans good at what he does but I'd take that bet all day
mrsmiley
1/12/12 3:46:54PM
I don't get all the hate for this guy. I say WAR Christmas!
Kpro
1/12/12 3:51:14PM

Posted by mrsmiley

It's actually now "WAR Holidays". We have to be politically correct.
Wallass
1/12/12 4:38:05PM
No disrespect but I believe Volkmann is correct, Obama DOES need a glassectomy. Please don't ban me!
BigCountryFedor
1/12/12 5:01:36PM

Posted by Bubbles

Guillard is the wrong guy to try and beat a submission based wrestler.
Dberntson
1/12/12 5:14:59PM

Posted by mrsmiley

Agree. Plus I have earned a lot of points and money off of picking Volkmann since he moved down to 155. He's been a consistant points and earnings cash cow.
Bubbles
1/12/12 5:25:09PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by Bubbles

Yeah, I don't think Guillard would be the one to shut him up. Give him Bendo eventually, then we'll see him get abused.

Melvin likes to come out swinging and has 1 punch KO power. his TDD isnt bad either. while i agree this fight could end up on the ground, i want someone to faceplant him (ala Ellenberger/Pierson). i dont know if theres anyone at LW with as much power in his hands that Melvin has.
prophecy033
1/12/12 6:16:11PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by Bubbles

Melvin likes to come out swinging and has 1 punch KO power. his TDD isnt bad either. while i agree this fight could end up on the ground, i want someone to faceplant him (ala Ellenberger/Pierson). i dont know if theres anyone at LW with as much power in his hands that Melvin has.

Jeremy Stephens isn't far off
Pookie
1/12/12 10:47:16PM

Posted by calitrees

Wish Volkmann would have gotten choked at the end of that fight so we didnt have to listen to his corny ass

damn, i was about to say something about Rabi finally letting us know how he really feels. I love the avatar.
RhythmAndStyle
1/14/12 10:28:38AM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

Posted by prophecy033

Don't get me wrong, Volkmans good at what he does but I'd take that bet all day

if it happens, i'll send u a av bet, my friend..