Any Jack White Fans out there?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Any Jack White Fans out there?
jimmypockets
6/18/08 1:11:05PM
Just wanted to see how many people have good taste in music. The White Stripes are probably my favorite band. Jack White is (in my opinion) the most talented man in Rock Music today. I have go the pleasure to see them twice and the Raconteurs once. Noone gets as much respect from esatblished artists (The Rolling Stones, Jimmy Page, Bob Dylan) as Jack White III does.
seanfu
6/18/08 1:14:12PM
The White Stripes are among my most hated bands. Props for putting it out out there though.
jimmypockets
6/18/08 1:22:52PM
We all have our opinions I guess. I think you may be crazy though. ha ha ha
emfleek
6/18/08 1:29:24PM

Posted by jimmypockets

Just wanted to see how many people have good taste in music. The White Stripes are probably my favorite band. Jack White is (in my opinion) the most talented man in Rock Music today. I have go the pleasure to see them twice and the Raconteurs once. Noone gets as much respect from esatblished artists (The Rolling Stones, Jimmy Page, Bob Dylan) as Jack White III does.

I like the White Stripes but have never heard the Raconteurs. Since my CD's were stolen, I've yet to replenish my White Stripes collection.

So, yeah...I like the WS so I guess that makes me a Jack White fan.
bullettdodger
6/18/08 1:38:44PM

Posted by seanfu

The White Stripes are among my most hated bands. Props for putting it out out there though.

but completely respect the fact that people always have different taste in music. Pretty hard to please everyone
CantAndleDaRiddum
6/18/08 1:56:51PM
Jack White is a genius

The White Stripes & The Raconteurs are awesome

if u hate them, dont be upset.....we cant all be born w/ good taste
iwannabesedated
6/18/08 2:20:39PM
I dont care for the Racontuers but the WS are pretty cool.

Listen to Against Me!....Preferably the older stuff....Cavalier Eternal is the shit.Their older stuff is more Folk/Punk...And Tom Gabels' acoustic stuff is awesome to.

teddythetuna
6/18/08 2:35:12PM
I think he is a very smart musician with a ton of talent but Maynard James Keenan and Aaron Turner both own him. IMO
iwannabesedated
6/18/08 2:39:21PM
Oh Yeah Mike Patton FTW!!!!!!
teddythetuna
6/18/08 2:50:52PM
Patton is a genius!
Pitbull09
6/18/08 3:48:44PM
WS are the reason I began listening to music. I admitt their old stuff is better jsut because Jack sticks to the electric guitar and later albums hes playing a whole crap load of instruments. I think he uses the Raconteurs though to keep what he had with the older WS albums. Salute your Salution is a great example and while the other songs arnt as strong to singling out solos between each artist, they work well together and our one of the best garage bands out today.

Jack White is a legend outside of the crappy MTV infested boy rock band that knows nothing about good music.

WAR JW!!
casketcoin
6/18/08 6:12:55PM
white stripes are the anderson silva of music
FrankTheTank1181
6/18/08 7:11:16PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Jack White is a genius

I couldn't have said it better myself. I think some people forget the White Stripes use the most basic of musical gear and make it sound better than most of the music out there...
Kracker_Jap
6/19/08 11:31:40AM

Posted by FrankTheTank1181

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Jack White is a genius

I couldn't have said it better myself. I think some people forget the White Stripes use the most basic of musical gear and make it sound better than most of the music out there...

Most of us from the 360 have really good taste in music
DJDark41
6/19/08 1:32:15PM

Posted by jimmypockets

Jack White is (in my opinion) the most talented man in Rock Music today. .

I stopped reading your post right there. As a metal fan, I get a ton of flak for my musical taste, but come on dude... I respect other peoples opinion, but I really can't believe that anyone considers Jack White talented. I'll give him this though, he does come up with some pretty catchy and simple stuff that sounds better then most of the "rock" music that is out today. But come on dude. Jack White, the most talented man in rock?