R.I.P Jack Shields

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » R.I.P Jack Shields
grappler0000
8/30/11 4:08:15PM
The father of Jake Shields has passed away. It was learned that he died peacefully as he slept. Jack Shields was instrumental in his son’s MMA career. He taught Jake the values of hard work and perseverance. He was always there and was a fervent supporter through Jake’s early years in wrestling and when Jake transcended to MMA.

Jack would often make the long drive from his home to watch Jake practice and was always at Jake’s fights. He was part of our team and we will miss him.

“lost my father manager and one of my best friends today!! R.I.P jack you will be greatly missed and loved by many” – Jake Shields

Source
prophecy033
8/30/11 4:39:54PM
Having just lost my dad 2 weeks ago, I know how hard it is to do basic stuff. I hope Jake gets through this a stronger person.
Theoutlaw08
8/30/11 4:45:26PM

Posted by prophecy033

Having just lost my dad 2 weeks ago, I know how hard it is to do basic stuff. I hope Jake gets through this a stronger person.

Sorry to hear about your dad Proph, losing someone is terrible. I couldnt even relate to that.
Hope Shields gets through this, has to be tough.
FastKnockout
8/30/11 4:58:04PM
His dad was a huge part of his life, inside and outside the cage. It was obvious how close they were in the weeks leading up to his fight with St. Pierre. Hope he rests in peace.
shaneTpain
8/30/11 5:06:52PM
prophecy033
8/30/11 5:15:29PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Posted by prophecy033

Sorry to hear about your dad Proph, losing someone is terrible. I couldnt even relate to that.
Hope Shields gets through this, has to be tough.

thanks outlaw, I don't wish it on anyone, but things will get better
Chael_Sonnen
8/30/11 5:20:26PM
Jack was a colorful individual.
Twenty20Dollars
8/30/11 7:25:13PM
right before his fight too, that sucks
Poor_Franklin
8/30/11 8:38:30PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

right before his fight too, that sucks

i really hope he doesnt back out, but wouldnt blame him if he did
jae_1833
8/30/11 10:56:19PM
Now I really hope he wins.....it would be healing in a way.....in fact I think it would be if he finished.