'Jacare' vs Jeremy Jackson at GFC

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » 'Jacare' vs Jeremy Jackson at GFC
ffforgottenx
4/14/07 9:59:33AM
source: adcombat.com

World BJJ and ADCC champion Ronaldo 'Jacare' Souza will be facing UFC veteran Jeremy 'The Scorpion' Jackson at Gracie FC: 'Evolution' on May 19th. Jackson, a veteran of UFC and WEC events, has a 9-5 resume and the chance to redeem himself from his last fight loss. However, Jacare does not want to be bit by the Scorpion. Since skipping training for ADCC 2007, Jacare's focus is on MMA and trainings to beat Jackson in their upcoming fight. Stay tuned for the upcoming GFC announcements and the upcoming 'Evolution' show on May 19th at the Jerome Schottenstein Center in Columbus, Ohio.

-------

another one that i may be one of the few people excited about.. i was pissed when i found out marcelo garcia pulled off the card (undestandably so though, with ADCC in may), but at least jacare is still on the card.. its also why he is NOT competing in ADCC this year..

that being said..

jacare by submission, round 1
madmarck
4/14/07 11:13:13PM
Jacare is a fairly large guy is he not? I thought he fought at the LHW class in the ADCC. I think this is a big mismatch.
Jacare is being fed a fairly big name so he can crush him. Not to mention JAckson is a smaller guy.

Doesn't this fight remind anyone of Jason Von Flue fighting Cung Lee. At a catchweight of 182 b/c Jason couldnt weigh anymore than that.
ffforgottenx
4/15/07 12:23:35PM
yea i think for ADCC and PSL he weighs closer to 200/205, but his fighting weight is 185.. he is 4-1 in MMA already, his only loss being his first fight against 'macaco' patino.. i'm pretty sure he couldn't make 170, so jackson must be coming up to 185.. which isn't smart on his behalf.. he is going to be destroyed by jacare..