Why I got Jacare so high?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Why I got Jacare so high?
POLL: Jacare boomin
I am on so on 35% (9)
If he wins a few more against top compitition 62% (16)
Way off 4% (1)
MoJoy
7/13/08 11:04:47PM
For sure traditionally viewing it's far fetched. But in more concentrated thinking it makes sense. He has yet to achieve it, I believe it. I see him continuing on his victorious journey. He is the perfect blend of wrestler and ju jitsu guy. For him, its a matter of sub defense and adding speed to those already powerful strikes. This guy is a talent.

Bowen50
7/14/08 12:46:26AM
i have been following Jacare for a while now and i really like him, he is one of my top 10 favorites. he has great powerful strikes and the most technical BJJ in MMA besides Aoki. if he wants to be top 10 at 185 though he needs to win the middleweight grand prix.
Twenty20Dollars
7/14/08 1:06:28AM
because you wanted to get high
MoJoy
7/14/08 1:59:42AM
UFC has got to get this guy. Would be a awesome addition. Really.
EON
7/14/08 2:02:29AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

because you wanted to get high

my rooms messed up and i know why...why? because i got high, because i got high, because i got higgghhh
Pookie
7/14/08 2:02:38AM
He just needs a little more in his gas tank.
Gipper
7/14/08 2:21:09AM
i'm higher on gegard mousasi.
MoJoy
7/14/08 2:29:53AM

Posted by Gipper

Those guys I think are on the same level. Besides Anderson, those are my two favorite middleweights. Mousasi reminds me of a modern day Royce Gracie. Jacare a modern day Dan Henderson. Very interesting. Correct.
jiujitsufreak74
7/14/08 3:29:13AM

Posted by Gipper

yeah i am with you on that one. even as a self proclaimed JJ freak, i don't think Jacare has done enough to earn himself a top 10 spot. i have Gegard ahead of him because he has both quality and quantity over Jacare. Gegard has wins over Kang, Dong, Cyborg and Hector Lombard while Jacare only has one victory over a top 50 opponent, that being Mayhem Miller
Pookie
7/14/08 3:30:31AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by Gipper

yeah i am with you on that one. even as a self proclaimed JJ freak, i don't think Jacare has done enough to earn himself a top 10 spot. i have Gegard ahead of him because he has both quality and quantity over Jacare. Gegard has wins over Kang, Dong, Cyborg and Hector Lombard while Jacare only has one victory over a top 50 opponent, that being Mayhem Miller

you could argue mayhem as top 20, just with his win over lawler.
SpiderSilva
7/14/08 12:20:20PM

Posted by MoJoy

Posted by Gipper

Those guys I think are on the same level. Besides Anderson, those are my two favorite middleweights. Mousasi reminds me of a modern day Royce Gracie. Jacare a modern day Dan Henderson. Very interesting. Correct.

Isn't Dan Henderson still a modern day Dan Henderson?
Gipper
7/14/08 1:19:14PM

Posted by MoJoy

Posted by Gipper

i'd say mousasi is more like a jeremy horn so well rounded. jacare maybe like a rickson gracie.
bullettdodger
7/14/08 2:27:43PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by Gipper

you could argue mayhem as top 20, just with his win over lawler.

and i would argue mayhem as a top 20, but i still think Jacare is below Gegard.
jiujitsufreak74
7/14/08 4:49:54PM
oh i also think Mayhem is top 20. but what i was saying is that Jacare has only one win over a top 50 opponent, that being Mayhem. Gegard on the other hand has several wins over top 50 opponents, even a top 10 (when he beat Kang, Kang was top 10).
MoJoy
7/14/08 10:33:09PM
Thats cool not a single person has said its way off. That rocks.

MoJoy
7/15/08 10:13:04PM
More votes. Thank You.