Jacaré vs. Lindland possible at Strikeforce

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Jacaré vs. Lindland possible at Strikeforce
RhythmAndStyle
11/5/09 4:24:55PM
“I only have rumors that I might fight in December, but Strikerforce didn’t announce anything yet“, said Souza, excited with the possibility to face Lindland. “If this fight happens, I’ll be very happy. He’s an excellent athlete... This fight is everything I wanted, fight with the best, only tough fighters“. In case of confirmation, it wouldn’t be the first time that Jacaré and Matt face each other.

On ADCC 2003, the fighters fought each other at the quarter finals, and the Brazilian won without much trouble with an arm-lock (remember on the video below). “It’s not Submission, it’s a whole different game on MMA“, guarantees Jacaré, excited for the debut. “The expectation is high, I’m training very focused. When the times comes, I’ll be ready to do my work and represent Brazil“,

Link
D0wnUnd6e6r
11/5/09 4:27:10PM
IMO not even a fair fight at this point in both fighters careers
jae_1833
11/5/09 9:53:58PM
Not sure how I feel, Lindland is getting old but then again his record speaks for itself. I still see him losing somehow....definitively. If so I think it may be retirement time for "The Law".
teamquestnorth
11/6/09 11:08:09PM

Posted by jae_1833

Not sure how I feel, Lindland is getting old but then again his record speaks for itself. I still see him losing somehow....definitively. If so I think it may be retirement time for "The Law".

why cause he got ko'd by vitor?
lindland is still a top notch fighter. He only has real trouble against top notch strikers which last time i checked souza wasnt a member of that club. Lindland takes this by his far better wrestling and tdd. Hes actually not that bad of a striker. It wouldnt surprise me for him to keep the fight standing for long periods of the match and picking his shots. Lindland by ud.