Ive waited a long time to hear...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Ive waited a long time to hear...
keith-hackney1
6/12/07 11:47:36AM
Hayato "Mach" Sakurai fighting in the ufc, and what a chance to make a huge impact by taking out the worlds most overated diego sanchez !!!!
What a fight and what a card for ufc 74 !!
Mastodon2
6/12/07 11:55:53AM
Yeah, Ive already made my pick on this one, Mach by second round TKO
keith-hackney1
6/12/07 12:07:58PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Yeah, Ive already made my pick on this one, Mach by second round TKO

Cant wait buddy, he's an awesome fighter, he will do well in the ufc !!!
pv3Hpv3p
6/12/07 1:35:30PM
IMO, he's a completely different fighter than he was when he fought Hughes (and he still fared well (enough) back then... Ever since he's been with Hume at AMC Pankration he's been on another level...

I'm going to go out on a limb and call Mach by brutal 1st rd KO... Sanchez out cold
Aether
6/12/07 2:07:35PM
isn't this on the card for 75 or has there been a new update about this?
NME
6/12/07 2:45:56PM

Posted by Aether

isn't this on the card for 75 or has there been a new update about this?

Still on for UFC 74.
Kastro
6/12/07 2:47:58PM
Its on the card for UFC 74, Crocop/Kongo and Rampage/Henderson are lined up right now for 75 which im also very excited about.

Im really happy Sakurai has made it to the UFC, I think he is big enough for the WW division and I see him beating Sanchez in an exciting fight.
johny_rotten
6/12/07 4:57:34PM
Mach is a completely differint fighter than the one that took on Hughes. He now has a solid stand up game to compliment his great wrestleing and submission skills. I just hope he is training in the US for this show, and adds elbows to his game.
Trapt1nw0nder
6/12/07 5:27:09PM
I say Diego wins a UD...and i dont really like the guy........Mach is no Koscheck,and Diego kicked Karo's ass!

Its gonna be a great 3 round war IMO...
Damien6663
6/12/07 6:54:39PM
Im going against the grain again here, and believe diego will win a hard fought decision, i hope i get proved wrong cause i wana see sum1 put diego on his ass out cold.
THE_AXE_MURDERER
6/12/07 7:22:26PM
Mach by 2nd round tko
ButterBalls
6/12/07 7:38:05PM
Mach by 2nd round TKO as well. I don't see Dirty standing up to his punishment.
gspfan31
6/12/07 7:54:00PM
mach via KO when ever he feels diego has had enough
johny_rotten
6/12/07 8:17:57PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

I say Diego wins a UD...and i dont really like the guy........Mach is no Koscheck,and Diego kicked Karo's ass!

You are right Mach is no Koscheck. Josh doesn't have incredible stand up, or a black belt's level of submission skills.

I would give Diego an advantage in take downs, and attrition. Mach has every other advantage. I say Sakurai by KO in the 1st.
Trapt1nw0nder
6/12/07 8:46:57PM

Posted by johny_rotten

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

You are right Mach is no Koscheck. Josh doesn't have incredible stand up, or a black belt's level of submission skills.

I would give Diego an advantage in take downs, and attrition. Mach has every other advantage. I say Sakurai by KO in the 1st.

when i say Mach is no Koscheck,i mean Mach isnt gonna try to win the fight with 3-4 Jabs a round and run away to win a decision....and if Mach actually trades and stays in the pocket and they get close enough to clinch or go to the ground i believe Sanchez will have the upper hand on the ground...

dont get me wrong,i see this kinda like a 50/50,but i see Sanchez pulling it off by UD or Split in a war.

people have doubted me before in my predictions and i always prove them wrong....(not on all my picks that i voted for,but big fight predictions we actually discuss on threads....Silva/Hendo..Diaz/Gomi..Chuck/Rampage..Okami/Swick..Starnes Leben...more im sure i cant think of....and if stout wins tonight i would of predicted right again....hope so.
Ultimate_fighter
6/13/07 2:23:26AM
Mach 2nd round TKO
KYGUY07
6/13/07 3:37:09PM
sakurai will kill Diego, Diegos gonna be 19 - 2
SteedTheDeed
6/13/07 4:02:33PM
if diego wins, i cry.
Stickan
6/13/07 4:05:26PM

Posted by SteedTheDeed

if diego wins, i cry.

So will I but unfortunately I think that's gonna be the case. Sakurai has always had trouble with strong wrestlers and submission fighters.

You probably can't find a worse match-up for him in that division.
pv3Hpv3p
6/13/07 4:41:30PM

Posted by Stickan

Posted by SteedTheDeed

if diego wins, i cry.

So will I but unfortunately I think that's gonna be the case. Sakurai has always had trouble with strong wrestlers and submission fighters.

You probably can't find a worse match-up for him in that division.

I think he'll be fine... I really believe that he is a different fighter now than he was then (much like Anderson Silva)... He brings the right skills to the plate and will definitley test Diego's famous "Mexican chin"...

I'm with you guys, though, if Dirty Sanchez wins, I will cry
keith-hackney1
6/13/07 6:29:21PM

Posted by butterballs

Hey butterballs, you and i believe in the same fighter, i got mach by 2nd round tko too. Im begining to like your mma thoughts !!!!!
Northrend
6/13/07 10:13:11PM
Sakurai by Dec

Driving the Hayato Sakurai bandwagon 100mph

second favorite fighter ever...right after Wandy
thepunisher
6/14/07 9:37:53AM
I got Mach winning this one to
Stickan
6/14/07 10:05:36AM
I still think everyone's playing favorites a little too much. I want Sakurai to win too, I just don't think he has the tools to beat Diego.

It's a tough comeback match for Mach.

Well.. I won't try to talk you into picking Diego. I might actually get some really nice odds on this fight ..
Trapt1nw0nder
6/14/07 2:39:42PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

Posted by butterballs

Hey butterballs, you and i believe in the same fighter, i got mach by 2nd round tko too. Im begining to like your mma thoughts !!!!!

36-31 record and you think you have good mma thoughts?

im with stickan....so i hope i get some good odds so i can take your cash when Diego beats on Mach