Isn't It Time To Stop Calling GSP "The Future Of The UFC?"

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Isn't It Time To Stop Calling GSP "The Future Of The UFC?"
BadSanta
4/8/07 10:20:39PM
Even Serra made the mistake of reiterating this hype about GSP.

GSP has a future ahead of him but the mystique has been thoroughly washed off him thanks to a beautiful hook.

Can we now quit with the idol worship? He's an extremely talented fighter, true gentleman and quite defeatable.

ManBeast
4/8/07 10:42:05PM
I'm still waiting until I start seeings threads on SD with GSP is sooo overrated titles in them...

GSP is still young and he can learn from this loss, he will get the belt back.
Rush
4/8/07 11:15:22PM

Posted by BadSanta

GSP has a future ahead of him but the mystique has been thoroughly washed off him thanks to a beautiful hook.

Can we now quit with the idol worship? He's an extremely talented fighter, true gentleman and quite defeatable.

Must be a Hughes fan still bitter over his embarrassment. Hughes lost, get over it. lol
kerazzle
4/8/07 11:52:29PM
the guy is only 25 and no matter what happened last night, he has some sick skills and amazing athletic ability. Serra is a tough guy but was expected to lose. These things happen, the gloves are small, one clean shot can make everything turn around. GSP is the future and Matt Hughes is a damn prick, laughing and saying "i love it" hardy har har jerk , GSP embarrassed you so dont go around pointing and laughing at an athlete that just got K.O'd. Man that pissed me off. I hope we see Serra vs. Hughes, I know Serra would want to beat his ass down, and u never know what could happen in that fight.
Trapt1nw0nder
4/8/07 11:53:31PM
What i wanna know is.......what the f*ck is so cool about Bad Santa that you would make your screenname and Avatar about it?
kerazzle
4/8/07 11:58:36PM
honestly does being a good fighter mean never losing? A good fighter is a guy who comes abck hard from his losses, look at what happened after gsp lost to Hughes. He ripped the whole WW division apart (save for BJ).
Trapt1nw0nder
4/9/07 12:06:13AM
even though GSP lost....im sure everyone still considers him the best WW in the world...i do..

He will be champ again for sure....he just didnt think Matt Serra was gonna strike with him.......this fight only made it clear that GSP is still not as knowledged as we would like him to be.....a knowledgable fighter would of fallen to his back and defended from the ground after the first blow Serra connected him with....standing up with your chin exposed is not the smartest of idea's to make......he just had to learn the hard way
kerazzle
4/9/07 12:11:16AM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

even though GSP lost....im sure everyone still considers him the best WW in the world...i do..

He will be champ again for sure....he just didnt think Matt Serra was gonna strike with him.......this fight only made it clear that GSP is still not as knowledged as we would like him to be.....a knowledgable fighter would of fallen to his back and defended from the ground after the first blow Serra connected him with....standing up with your chin exposed is not the smartest of idea's to make......he just had to learn the hard way

True, he panicked after he got rocked and tried running away which was the wrong move...chaulk it up to inexperience. He should have fallen on his back to regain time to compose himself or did what Fedor did to Fujita and quickly close the gap and clinch up the arms.
Gogoplata
4/9/07 12:21:45AM

Posted by BadSanta

I agree that GSP is quite hyped up, but he is the modern prototype of what the MMA of the future is going to look like. Young guys training in several different disciplines from a very young age, just like GSP.

So yes, we can quit with the nuthugging, he is a great fighter with a good future like you said, but he is clearly beatable, as Hughes and Serra have both shown. This is why MMA is the greatest sport in the land.
pv3Hpv3p
4/9/07 1:37:20AM

Posted by BadSanta

You're absolutely correct... Matt Hughes and Matt Serra are clearly the future of the WW division
BIGKAT
4/9/07 2:05:14AM

Posted by BadSanta

PROPS...I agree totally........
BIGKAT
4/9/07 2:07:29AM
By the way why is everyone getting their panties in a bunch over Hughes "I love it" comment?

He's a fighter, not a damn ice skater....

GET OVER IT!
BIGKAT
4/9/07 2:10:45AM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

LOL GSP didnt think Serra would strike in a UFC fight?

You say he's the best, yet he wasn't knowledgable enough to know Serra would strike with him?
BadSanta
4/9/07 2:15:53AM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

What i wanna know is.......what the f*ck is so cool about Bad Santa that you would make your screenname and Avatar about it?

If you don't know the answer as to why "Bad Santa" is the greatest film ever made, you are truly confused.

MMA
4/9/07 8:06:59AM
He is only 25 years old, he is far from his prime. Not very many fighters get to taste gold as early as he did and dominate so many tough fighters. He is still the future, no doubt about it.
Nacho
4/9/07 11:50:37AM

Posted by BIGKAT

By the way why is everyone getting their panties in a bunch over Hughes "I love it" comment?

He's a fighter, not a damn ice skater....

GET OVER IT!

He's a meat head and a cocky a-hole as well. I will "love it" when Serra beats him too.

GSP is the future. He got caught with a hook and could not recover (thanks to Serra's agressive follow up). He had a ton of pressure on him, being a new champ with extremely high expectations. He'll be back and we will continue to talk about him for years to come. All the guy does is train and improve. I'm not gonna stop being a fan after one fluke loss.
boj123
4/9/07 12:45:20PM
based on what i saw in GSP's previous fights
i could say that he is the future of the welterweight division
he is very well rounded fighter. could strike, grapple, wrestle and have a lot of room for improvement( he's still young). i hope he could recover mentally(not become gun shy) and take the loss as a lesson.