Why isn't Bonjasky in the fighter index?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Why isn't Bonjasky in the fighter index?
cmill21
8/11/07 3:28:21AM
While trying to fill out my favorite list I was able to put in Hoost(retired K-1 star) but not Remy Bonjasky(active K-1 star) is there any reason for this? Just wondering because I would like to use Remy.
Svartorm
8/11/07 5:03:36AM
I didn't realize either of them had done MMA before. Who did they fight?
cmill21
8/11/07 12:45:00PM
neither have, but I was just wondering because hoost is on it and Bonjasky isn't. Just thought it was weird.
Mastodon2
8/11/07 2:13:03PM
I've got Jerome Le Banner on mine, though he isnt completely retired, he is retired from Tournament fighting, so he will never get the GP he deserved He only does super fights now, but the money will be ace so I doubt he minds too much.

Jerome did fight MMA a few times, but its clearly not for him, he wasnt terrible, but the ground was so obviously something he didnt really care about. He is one of my favourite fighters, without a doubt, but only because of his K-1 fights!

Im annoyed that I can't put Buakaw Por Pramuk, Yodsaenklai and Jomhod Kiatdisak into my favourites, just be they are Nak Muay's and dont fight MMA, after all, the list does say "favourite fighters", not just favourite MMA fighters"

Good to see we've got some K-1 fans on the board, even if we are a bit of a niche society! Remy is the boy, Kao Loy (flying knee) for the win!
juanez13
8/11/07 2:41:10PM
my favourite K-1 fighters of all time are.....
Andy Hug
jerome lebanner
Peter Aerts..

would be nice if i could add them to my list of favourites
madmarck
8/11/07 3:49:11PM

Posted by Mastodon2

I've got Jerome Le Banner on mine, though he isnt completely retired, he is retired from Tournament fighting, so he will never get the GP he deserved He only does super fights now, but the money will be ace so I doubt he minds too much.

Jerome did fight MMA a few times, but its clearly not for him, he wasnt terrible, but the ground was so obviously something he didnt really care about. He is one of my favourite fighters, without a doubt, but only because of his K-1 fights!

Im annoyed that I can't put Buakaw Por Pramuk, Yodsaenklai and Jomhod Kiatdisak into my favourites, just be they are Nak Muay's and dont fight MMA, after all, the list does say "favourite fighters", not just favourite MMA fighters"

Good to see we've got some K-1 fans on the board, even if we are a bit of a niche society! Remy is the boy, Kao Loy (flying knee) for the win!

Favourite fighters...... on a MMA site......
Mastodon2
8/11/07 3:52:44PM
Yeah Im just being pedantic, afterall, it doesnt speciffically state that they have to be your favourite MMA fighters, and just like the way a guitarist can be inspired by a pianiest or trumpet player, can't an MMA fan look up to K-1 fighters?

Its all fighting in the end!
cmill21
8/11/07 3:57:49PM
No, hoost is on the fighter index so why aren't other kick boxers?
Svartorm
8/12/07 2:35:19AM
You can add your own if you want bro. When you search and don't find someone, you can hit the "Add This Fighter" link and add him to our database.
cmill21
8/12/07 2:52:01AM
Ok didn't know that thanks!
Mastodon2
8/12/07 2:01:26PM
Since we are talking about Bonjasky

Le Banner vs Bonjasky, Bonjasky won on points (apparently), that was an absolutely crazy decision. Completely baffling, I have no idea how Le Banner lost that fight, The Paris Pitbull was allover Remy!

I love Remy, he has a top notch Muay Thai game, and he is one of my favourites, but I'd be hard pressed to call that fight in his favour...