Ishida replaces Thomson, meets Melendez , at August 15th Strikeforce

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Ishida replaces Thomson, meets Melendez , at August 15th Strikeforce
ThaAxeMurderer7
7/30/09 5:16:28PM
Earlier this week MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio) conducted an interview with Strikeforce lightweight champion Josh Thomson in which we learned the fighter's lingering leg injury could cost him an Aug. 15 fight interim champ Gilbert Melendez.

Despite subsequent reports stating that Thomson (16-2) wouldn't be pulled from the card, a source close to the negotiations today told MMAjunkie.com he hasn't been medically cleared for the fight, and Melendez (15-2) will instead meet Mitsuhiro Ishida (18-5-1).

Link
DCRage
7/30/09 5:17:55PM
Stop the rollercoaster, I want to get off! Hopefully it'll at least be for Melendez' interim title as hinted at in the article.
lohmann
7/30/09 5:20:15PM
Ishida probably doesn't deserve this shot at Melendez's interim title. I know he holds a victory over Melendez, but Ishida's last fight was a brutal loss.

Despite that, I'll be rooting for the Endless Warrior to get back onto track with a win over tough competition. (I probably won't pick him.)
Amigop
7/30/09 7:44:07PM
this sucks i was hoping they would bring in gomi to fight melendez. ishida isnt a bad replacement though
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
7/30/09 8:15:11PM
Great match up . First fight was great . Ishida was a step ahead the entire fight .
hippysmacker
7/30/09 9:08:00PM
I would have preferred a rematch of Kawajiri /melendez, but this is still a goodie.
prozacnation1978
7/30/09 10:49:09PM
i like the fight, good rematch, can't wait