Irvin Set To Face Evans At UFC 85

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Irvin Set To Face Evans At UFC 85
DCRage
4/22/08 8:03:07PM
Although it hasn't been formally announced yet by UFC, sources within both camps have confirmed that James Irvin will replace Chuck Liddell and face Rashad Evans at UFC 85.

Article
Pookie
4/22/08 8:04:54PM
BOO!!!!
xchickox
4/22/08 8:10:51PM
this fight really isn't at the level of the chuck vs shogun fight or chuck vs evans

irvin really isn't up at the level that evans is...i hope they push werdum vs vera up to the main fight

Muay-Thai_Mogwai
4/22/08 8:12:47PM
Seems like any card sh!tty Rashad is on sucks(78 was terrible ppv). =85
bls1919
4/22/08 8:13:37PM
I hope it is on spike if they are the Main Event, although i think it could be an exciting stand up fight.
juanez13
4/22/08 8:18:10PM
i hope they make it a free event, i think they wanted to make it a PPV because chuck would sell, but now without him the selling power of this event diminishes greatly. but maybe im just greedy.
chubbud22
4/22/08 8:21:18PM

Posted by Pookie

BOO!!!! [/QUOTE

What bet did you loose this time Pookie. Tell me you did not bet on Serra
Ordep
4/22/08 8:29:24PM
what a way to keep padding Rashad record!!!!!

hopefully Irvin KO him

See? We need Babalu!
D0wnUnd6e6r
4/22/08 9:58:02PM
Easy one for Evans IMO
Gladiator
4/22/08 10:05:30PM
I was really looking forward to rashad getting his first loss by knockout... maybe Irvin can... no its just going to be another lay'n'pray victory for rashad. I wish they would just give irvin thiago silvas opponent and let thiago fight rashad.
whardin19
4/22/08 10:10:26PM
Not sure that Irvin has got a chance against Rashad. Rashad should and probably will use his big time advantage in wrestling and take this fight to the ground. Where he will probably win it pretty easily in a decision. But this card is turning out to be one dissapointing looking event. Although since I'm a UFC fan I'll still be watching it wether it be on PPV or TV.
DevonFoxy
4/22/08 10:45:27PM
So let me get this straight Evans goes from fighting Chuck to James Irvin...Does anyone else see a problem here? I really was hoping that Henderson would move back to LHW and take this fight with Evans...but anyone but James Irvin!
Kracker_Jap
4/22/08 11:15:16PM

Posted by chubbud22

Posted by Pookie

BOO!!!! [/QUOTE

SOME OF US LOOK FOWARD TO SEEING IRVIN KO RASHAD
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
4/22/08 11:39:45PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by chubbud22

Posted by Pookie

BOO!!!! [/QUOTE

prozacnation1978
4/22/08 11:52:40PM
worst main event ever??
i think they will make it free, why couldn't they at least get hamill??
jae_1833
4/23/08 12:33:53AM
Hammil or Thiago outta take this one...Rashad would be a good name for them under the W column, and if Rashad won I would say that he actually deserves to be where he is...at least that is if he beat Thiago. I seriously see a boring LNP UD coming up via Rashad "The Decision" Evans!!!
Kpro
4/23/08 12:49:02AM
I'll be putting some real money on this one ladies. Irvin via TKO.
king_katool
4/23/08 4:27:05AM
wow rashad got screwed here, tko loss to irvin and he goes to bottom but if by some miracle he beat chuck he prolly wouldve got title shot, ive been hoping the last couple fights rashad would show his stand up a little more hopefully we'll see it in this one as i think its better then people give him credit for
matt_black
4/23/08 9:04:53AM
Ever since 2006 Irvin has been becoming one of my favorite fighters to watch, always has an exciting match, i'm really interested in this though, its really gonna give Irvin the biggest test he's had yet
gsquat
4/23/08 10:23:43AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Dems some crazy dreams you been havin'.
Ordep
4/23/08 12:19:19PM
I'd like to join

Kraker_Jap and Kpro ...... Irivin for the KO!
Ben_Hutch
4/23/08 12:56:16PM
I paid £220 to see Liddell vs. Shogun.......Not This SH!T!!!!
casey64
4/23/08 1:13:37PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Easy one for Evans IMO

wolfman
4/23/08 2:22:52PM

Posted by Ordep

I'd like to join

Kraker_Jap and Kpro ...... Irivin for the KO!

mrliquid
4/23/08 5:44:48PM
Irvin 2nd round KO i'll be smiling when it happens
Ben_Hutch
4/23/08 6:57:27PM

Posted by king_katool

wow rashad got screwed here, tko loss to irvin and he goes to bottom but if by some miracle he beat chuck he prolly wouldve got title shot, ive been hoping the last couple fights rashad would show his stand up a little more hopefully we'll see it in this one as i think its better then people give him credit for

The only people who have been screwed over here are the UK fans like me who have spent a f*ck load of money on tickets thinking we were going to see Shogun vs. Liddell. Only to find out that we're going to an event that isnt even a f*cking PPV!
wolfman
4/23/08 10:13:38PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Posted by king_katool

The only people who have been screwed over here are the UK fans like me who have spent a f*ck load of money on tickets thinking we were going to see Shogun vs. Liddell. Only to find out that we're going to an event that isnt even a f*cking PPV!

I understand why you're mad, but it's not the UFC's fault as injuries happen. They are at least trying their best as they are making it a 13 fight event now....I know, quality over quantity, yet at least there will be a lot of fights for you to watch.