irvin's 8 second smashing

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » irvin's 8 second smashing
skatenate
4/2/08 8:31:35PM
haven't watched the fight yet, cant wait to though, thats amazing...8 second knockout. does anyone know how he did it?
wolfman
4/2/08 8:35:57PM
Seriously, luckily I was able to see this fight before coming on here from a break. However, are people braindead tonight!? This is the second one that should be in the spoilers forum...
Twenty20Dollars
4/2/08 9:20:39PM
super man punch.
nickcuc547
4/2/08 9:55:40PM
all this bitchin about the fight spoilers forum is a joke, dont go to the forum if you know the fights already happened, of course somebody is going to slip up and leak the results. i did it for diaz and i apoligize, but you have to expect it to happen so just stay away from the forum, the fight already happened so it should be fair game to discussion.
kevietre
4/2/08 10:24:25PM
Do you guys think it was stopped early me and my friends were debating it.

?????
ToeZup
4/2/08 11:11:02PM
I don't think it was stopped early. He was out and the ref had to step in. I never saw that coming man. Wow.
gartface
4/2/08 11:13:34PM

Posted by ToeZup

I don't think it was stopped early. He was out and the ref had to step in. I never saw that coming man. Wow.

He was out cold man. He got brought back by one of the last punches.
Ordep
4/2/08 11:20:40PM

Posted by kevietre

Do you guys think it was stopped early me and my friends were debating it.

?????

It was a fair,good,perfect, stoppage. Go to Rampage-Chuck 2 for further references on this kind of TKOs

RampageOwnedYou
4/2/08 11:28:09PM
Little early, but Houston has no excuses...two fights in a row he has looked like he doesnt deserve to be in UFC.

He rushes to much, and thats why he will be under .500 in UFC when he retires, cause he is hit and miss.

prozacnation1978
4/2/08 11:59:09PM
ended very shortly i couldn't believe it. if you blinked you could miss it.
Kastro
4/3/08 12:39:03AM
Houston got trainwrecked, that superman punch and the couple follow up punches on the ground were devestating.. despite Houston waking up on the last punch and acting like it was stopped too early..

Irvin was right on top of him and would have followed up with an even more brutal beating had the referee not stepped in, he should thank the ref for saving him some braincells..

Despite his last two fights being losses I still look forward to seeing Houston back in the octagon all his fights are exciting whether he wins or loses!
MFOTHER
4/3/08 1:54:40AM
although he looked out against jardine and came back...... it was a good stopage
cmill21
4/3/08 3:23:06AM
If they didn't stop fights like this the UFC would have a few more deaths. He would have been out getting beaten on until they stopped it.
ncordless
4/3/08 4:40:56AM

Posted by cmill21

If they didn't stop fights like this the UFC would have a few more deaths. He would have been out getting beaten on until they stopped it.

I don't totally agree with that. Japanese refs often let the fights go on much longer and no more deaths occur there. In general, i would like to see the refs let it go a little longer here in the states. That said, by the standards that the american refs have set it was a perfectly normal stoppage.
CornishMMA
4/3/08 11:11:57AM
He was out twice and got hit hard another few times ffs! im calling a late stoppage

Love getting a perfect pick with an underdog bonus but should still get a bigger reward for being right when 83% of the site were wrong
tylerlee123
4/3/08 12:41:26PM
What did Irvin say to the camera after his win ? Just curious
wolfman
4/14/08 9:44:11PM

Posted by tylerlee123

What did Irvin say to the camera after his win ? Just curious

Old post, but he said, "What! Now what's Next?!
Raykill
5/14/08 1:23:31AM

Posted by RampageOwnedYou

Little early, but Houston has no excuses...two fights in a row he has looked like he doesnt deserve to be in UFC.

He rushes to much, and thats why he will be under .500 in UFC when he retires, cause he is hit and miss.

I agree, Houston needs to calm down. He cant take a punch well enough to rush into someones fist like that.
holt8081
5/16/08 10:51:44PM
man that was nice, I dont like alexander
NinjaCyborg
5/28/08 1:48:26AM
I honestly don't think Irvin could pull that off again.
That was a once in a lifetime shot for Irvin.
I believe Houston would win 6/10 fights with Irvin.

I think Houston shouldn't be cut just yet. I think he deserves one more chance.