Irvin out, Cane in against Rashad Evans at UFC 85

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Irvin out, Cane in against Rashad Evans at UFC 85
Next Page »
Franklinfan47
5/20/08 6:39:00PM
link

This card has had some bad luck. I just wonder what happens to Jason Lambet now.
juanez13
5/20/08 6:45:51PM
well cane didnt look bad against Irvin, and i believe he was on his way to winning that fight, however still a big step up for him, and i see him loosing but if he can take this fight that would be huge for him (ala Houston alexander).....

This i basically what happened with rashads first opponent, thiago, as soon as they got chuck they scratched the fight, now chuck is out so the put irvin, now irvin is out so they scracth another fight to get cane. this fight has been through quite a bit. rashads trainers must be going nuts

when in need of short notice fight, Call TIM BOETSCH!!!!!!
thatfedorsohotrightnow
5/20/08 7:04:28PM
UFC 85 The Curse of the YAMMA
Darnok
5/20/08 7:05:06PM

Posted by juanez13

when in need of short notice fight, Call TIM BOETSCH!!!!!!

You mean Tim "Short Notice" Boetsch
candynuts
5/20/08 7:07:05PM
Jeez! This is insane!
bigbubbano23
5/20/08 7:07:15PM
wow due to these injury's this card is not lookin so good.
Ben_Hutch
5/20/08 7:13:00PM
This is taking the f****** piss now.
89vision
5/20/08 7:13:33PM
DAMNIT !!!!! i wanted Cain to get a win, especially since Irvin put up the performance of his life when Cain barely tapped him with an illigal knee, well just another wrestler vs striker, booo GO CAIN
wolfman
5/20/08 7:18:34PM

Posted by 89vision

DAMNIT !!!!! i wanted Cain to get a win, especially since Irvin put up the performance of his life when Cain barely tapped him with an illigal knee, well just another wrestler vs striker, booo GO CAIN

Is that you WhiteWidow?
whardin19
5/20/08 7:18:49PM
Talk about a bad luck card. Everyone on this card has seemed to get hurt. Cane is crazy to step up and take this bout. I think Rashad takes this one pretty easily. But I thought he'd take the fight with Irvin pretty easy also. So looks like Rashad will still be undefeated after UFC 85.
89vision
5/20/08 7:21:45PM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by 89vision

Is that you WhiteWidow?

who?
wolfman
5/20/08 7:24:41PM

Posted by 89vision

Posted by wolfman

Posted by 89vision

Is that you WhiteWidow?

who?

WhiteWidow was a former member who would always bring up that illegal knee that Irvin took and would always take shots at him, saying he was an A level actor, but a C level fighter. Just giving you a hard time, but I think that knee would have hurt anyone pretty bad...
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
5/20/08 7:53:13PM
Let me try and put this into perspective.

What started out as Shogun Rua vs. Chuck Liddel has somehow managed to morph itself into Baha Cane vs. Rashad Evans?

That is insane.
iwannabesedated
5/20/08 7:59:15PM

Posted by F--K_Luck_AuH2O

What started out as Shogun Rua vs. Chuck Liddel has somehow managed to morph itself into Baha Cane vs. Rashad Evans?

That is insane.

Yeah..certainley a downgrade but what you gonna do??...Shit happens..

UFC 85-Whoever is left please step in.
juanez13
5/20/08 7:59:32PM

Posted by F--K_Luck_AuH2O

That is insane.

true
prozacnation1978
5/20/08 8:30:17PM
cane vs irvin??
come on!!!!
it's not too late to make this a freebie on spike tv
if i was evans i would jus withdrawl period,
push the marquadt vs leites fight in the main card slot
i can't believe they couldn't get alexander nor hamill to fight on this card
feel bad for lambert i hope they push his back to july,
but irvin vs cane on the main card?? i think more fans with save the money not buy this and instead buy ufc 86 and afflication in july
wolfman
5/20/08 8:34:52PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

cane vs irvin??
come on!!!!
but irvin vs cane on the main card?? i think more fans with save the money not buy this and instead buy ufc 86 and afflication in july

Evans vs. Cane, not Irvin vs. Cane..... I am sure you just goofed.

Jesse_Canadian_MMA
5/20/08 8:43:30PM
I kinda dig this match up a little more, that is a little more then Evans/Irvin I think Cane woulda beat Irvin anyways. and scraping the Lambert fight is also fine by me not a fan of Lambert.
I don't know maybe I'm alone on this but I think it just got a little better.
NinjaCyborg
5/20/08 9:32:32PM
I would prefer Rashad vs. Houston Alexander

and since Leben is out early, might as well kick Jason Day out and put Leben back in
NatedawgThaM
5/20/08 9:39:41PM
Cane 2nd round sub...
5/20/08 9:48:57PM
UFC 85
telnights
5/20/08 9:55:04PM
This started out as Chuck vs Shogun then Chuck vs Rashad then Rashad vs Irvin now Rashad vs Cane. Thats just insane!!
Sir_Karl
5/20/08 9:58:54PM
I was looking forward to the "Sandman"....now Evans gets a "gimme".
Feces happens...it will all be ok.
bullettdodger
5/20/08 10:04:45PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

cane vs irvin??
come on!!!!

Evans gets a relatively unprepared opponent, i say easy pay day
Kracker_Jap
5/20/08 10:38:51PM

Posted by Sir_Karl

I was looking forward to the "Sandman"....now Evans gets a "gimme".
Feces happens...it will all be ok.

but I'm still sad poor Sandman
prozacnation1978
5/20/08 10:57:49PM
lets see
irvine hurt against thiago silva
against cane in dec he gets needed will down can't continue
now gets hurt can't fight, man this guy has bad luck
feel bad for england fans, they lost the lambert fight as well as the kelly vs goulet fight.
wonder of the ufc will add one, hello dan hardy???????
i see lambert fighting in july, with the training and all, i am thinking the ufc will let him fight asap if not in ufc 85 then maybe the next. lambert vs alexander would be good.
MHughes4prez17
5/20/08 11:05:10PM
****** gay, i wanted to see my boy James Irvin knock out Rashad, i cant stand him...
this card just keeps getting worse & worse
The_hungry_lumberjack
5/21/08 12:26:27AM
UFC - Eighty-F.U.C.K!
JBatch
5/21/08 12:34:38AM
Its just got to be called.

UFC 85: Cursed or UFC 85: Will you accept this for $50.

thedoors
5/21/08 12:49:37AM
I was just on UFC.com and they have just announced that the Leites / Marquardt fight has been added to the main card and they still have Cane fighting Lambert on the undercard. It looks like Rashad isn't even gonna be fighting anymore. http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=eventDetail.FightCard&eid=1109
Pages: [1] 2