POLL: Who wins/How?
Irvin KO 82% (9)
Irvin Sub 18% (2)
wolfman
4/3/08 11:42:47PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by wolfman

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

I dont think Houston has a weak chin at all. Irvin is a really hard hitter, almost like a McFedries at 205. Props to Irvin for the fastest KO in the UFC. I would love to see him get in there with Forrest or Jardine. I guess all that bad luck dissipated finally!!!

Correction, tied for the fastest KO in the UFC. Also, I really do think that Houston has a weak chin. No doubt Irvin has heavy hands, yet it is hard to knock someone down with a superman punch. Usually, even if it catches someone clean it doesn't put them on the mat like that imo.

Yeah i know it was tied i just didnt feel like typing it out.

The way Irvin connected with Houstons chin was a KO shot even if it was glancing. When he hit the chin it moved it and the nerve behind your jaw is extremely sensitive almost creating a knockout reflex. Think of that nerve the same as getting hit in the back of the head. It is a really sensitive area and if you are hit there its very easily a lights out situation. So i dont contribute it too much to Hostons chin but more so on the power of Irvin. But there still isnt enough to judge if Houstons chin is weak or not. Only time will tell.

Good points, I still just feel that he has a suspect chin. Hope he can prove me wrong in his next fight, I like watching him fight. I also look forward to seeing The Sandman again.
Kracker_Jap
4/3/08 11:59:55PM

The way Irvin connected with Houstons chin was a KO shot even if it was glancing. When he hit the chin it moved it and the nerve behind your jaw is extremely sensitive almost creating a knockout reflex. Think of that nerve the same as getting hit in the back of the head. It is a really sensitive area and if you are hit there its very easily a lights out situation. So i dont contribute it too much to Hostons chin but more so on the power of Irvin. But there still isnt enough to judge if Houstons chin is weak or not. Only time will tell.

I'm pretty sure, If you get hit in the chin and go down the way Houston was hit by Irvin .........

THE TIME HAS BEEN TOLD AND IT READS "WEAK CHIN"
Pages: 1 [2]