After ironing out ‘discrepancies' with Dana White, Mark Hunt ready to ‘test his mettle' against dos Santos

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » After ironing out ‘discrepancies' with Dana White, Mark Hunt ready to ‘test his mettle' against dos Santos
grappler0000
3/11/13 8:59:35PM
While the first 'Rally for Mark Hunt' failed, the second edition proved to be a resounding success. Much to the delight of his "Army of Doom," Hunt replaced an injured Alistair Overeem against former UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos as the co-main event of UFC 160. Though the journey wasn't as straightforward as the result.

Despite the "Super Samoan" immediately campaigning for the vacant shot at dos Santos, UFC President Dana White announced on Twitter that Hunt had turned the fight down. It wasn't until days later, after White posted an ominous tweet that described a positive phone conversation he had with Hunt, that the fight was officially booked...

Full Story
sparky
3/11/13 9:19:26PM
He's going down

WAR JDS
Budgellism
3/11/13 9:48:23PM
The more I think about this fight the more I want to pick Hunt.
warglory
3/11/13 10:44:35PM
Hunt is a better technicalnstriker than JDS, Hunt has more power, and Hunt has a fantastic chin. JDS should consider taking Hunt down in this one.
Boo_Radley21
3/12/13 12:41:53AM

Posted by Budgellism

I wholeheartedly agree
SmileR
3/12/13 9:51:32AM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by Budgellism

I wholeheartedly agree

Me too! Hunt has got dynamite in his hands!
sbulldavid
3/12/13 10:11:09PM
I think JDS picks Hunt apart like he did Carwin, he'll mix up a takedown here and there after Hunt fades, don't let Cain fool ya', JDS isn't week kneed or lacking stamina.
DrivenDavies15
3/12/13 11:01:06PM
Mark Hunt has really made me a fan of him recently. He's an awesome dude and a talented fighter. Can't wait to see him mix it up with Dos Santos!