iPhone Users

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » iPhone Users
gartface
9/29/11 8:53:45AM
For those of you who have iPhones and have trouble posting to the forums with said electronic device...guess who doesn't have trouble posting with his mobile device? ME! That's who! Guess why? I have an Android Just another advantage we have over Apple.

Just figured I'd start a "Na na na boo boo" type thread.
BlueSkiesBurn
9/29/11 8:55:29AM

Posted by gartface

For those of you who have iPhones and have trouble posting to the forums with said electronic device...guess who doesn't have trouble posting with his mobile device? ME! That's who! Guess why? I have an Android Just another advantage we have over Apple.

Just figured I'd start a "Na na na boo boo" type thread.

I'll remember that later today. >:)

We will see if your computer holds up to what I'm gonna give it during our show.
gartface
9/29/11 9:05:18AM
bojangalz
9/29/11 9:53:45AM
Well, That was completely out of left field. But I must concur, Android FTW.
gartface
9/29/11 9:56:47AM

Posted by bojangalz

Well, That was completely out of left field. But I must concur, Android FTW.

Perhaps even FTMFW!
bojangalz
9/29/11 12:36:18PM
I'm going to geek out here for a brief second, bear with me. I bought an HP touchpad recently for $99 just so I could port android onto it. Dual core overclocked 1.9 GHz processor on a full featured tablet for 1/5th the cost of an iPad and I get full compliment of flash on the web.

I load this puppy up with seasons of The Wire and Breaking Bad to take everywhere I go. Its fantastic.

And with my rooted DroidX I've got free WiFi hotspot too. Screw those tethering fees!

gartface
9/29/11 12:44:20PM

Posted by bojangalz

I'm going to geek out here for a brief second, bear with me. I bought an HP touchpad recently for $99 just so I could port android onto it. Dual core overclocked 1.9 GHz processor on a full featured tablet for 1/5th the cost of an iPad and I get full compliment of flash on the web.

I load this puppy up with seasons of The Wire and Breaking Bad to take everywhere I go. Its fantastic.

And with my rooted DroidX I've got free WiFi hotspot too. Screw those tethering fees!

I missed out on the Touchpads by a day or two I really wanted one because of the front-facing camera and the price! Sounds like you've optimized that thing!

kingsmasher
9/29/11 1:35:14PM
Actually I work in graphic design and am floored by no flash on Iphones when Apple dominates teh graphic industry...leaves me scratching my head...I am fully aware that apple "thinks" one day there software programs will phase out Adobe products....Sorry aint happening in the next 20 years in this industry...

but no Flash? that a c'mon man....
prophecy033
9/29/11 2:35:11PM
My HTC EVO 4G with Gingerbread works great. The only thing I cant do on here is post links
Poor_Franklin
9/29/11 2:50:14PM
i have samsung & cannot log in on my account. so sad
grappler0000
9/30/11 10:49:45AM

Posted by kingsmasher

Actually I work in graphic design and am floored by no flash on Iphones when Apple dominates teh graphic industry...leaves me scratching my head...I am fully aware that apple "thinks" one day there software programs will phase out Adobe products....Sorry aint happening in the next 20 years in this industry...

HTML 5 is gonna shake things up. Flash will not be nearly as important in just 20 months, let alone 20 years.
grappler0000
9/30/11 10:50:44AM

Posted by gartface

Posted by bojangalz

I missed out on the Touchpads by a day or two I really wanted one because of the front-facing camera and the price! Sounds like you've optimized that thing!

Stay on your toes...there will be more
DoTheMMAth
9/30/11 11:36:02AM
For a tech guy I'm not big on smart phones for some reason, maybe because I'm a cranky asshole hermit lol... that being said I gave in and ordered a new iPhone this morning Should be able to get to the bottom of it and make the site smartphone friendly coming soon...
BlueSkiesBurn
9/30/11 3:58:49PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

For a tech guy I'm not big on smart phones for some reason, maybe because I'm a cranky asshole hermit lol... that being said I gave in and ordered a new iPhone this morning Should be able to get to the bottom of it and make the site smartphone friendly coming soon...

To be perfectly honest, I don't mind not being able to post from my iPhone. If I am out at a bar watching the fights, I'd consider myself to be really lame if I felt like participating in a live chat when there are actually "LIVE" people sitting next to me.
emfleek
9/30/11 4:03:07PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

To be perfectly honest, I don't mind not being able to post from my iPhone. If I am out at a bar watching the fights, I'd consider myself to be really lame if I felt like participating in a live chat when there are actually "LIVE" people sitting next to me.

That's only one limited point-of-view, though. Most people want general access to the site...not just specifically for posting on fight night.
BlueSkiesBurn
9/30/11 4:06:59PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

That's only one limited point-of-view, though. Most people want general access to the site...not just specifically for posting on fight night.

I have access, though. I just can't post. I can pull up the articles, make my picks, and do all that jazz, I just can't reply to PM's or post on threads. IMO, it's not that big of a deal. That's what Twitter is for,
kopower
9/30/11 11:08:22PM
I finally clicked on the thread because I was bored, thinking it was some issue that iPhone users had. Well, I was partly right. I love the fact I can basically do everything on my Android phone, that I can with my pc.
grappler0000
11/9/11 12:01:45PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by kingsmasher

HTML 5 is gonna shake things up. Flash will not be nearly as important in just 20 months, let alone 20 years.

And so it begins...

Link

Just call me Techstradamus
gartface
11/9/11 3:41:12PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by kingsmasher

And so it begins...

Link

Just call me Techstradamus

I was actually thinking about you this morning when I read this. Crazy stuff. I need to learn HTML5.
Geoffo
11/9/11 6:53:59PM
Topic is pretty much: Android > iPhone

Shawn91111
11/11/11 9:46:28AM
If I wasnt paid by IBM to be on the computer then I would have a smart phone, but its just not for me.