ipad question

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » ipad question
prophecy033
12/11/12 12:06:13PM
I just bought a ipad but it won't let me post on the PG. It poos up a error msg every time I try. My question is if there are any other ipad or iphone users that have had the same thing happen and of so how do you fix it
SmileR
12/11/12 12:10:41PM
Same thing happened with mine. In the end I just gave up an went back to using my phone and laptop.
postman
12/11/12 12:18:00PM
Wow Thanks for posting this I was thinking of getting a tablet or ipad but since this is top3 site for me it makes little sense to buy.
prophecy033
12/11/12 12:46:59PM

Posted by postman

Wow Thanks for posting this I was thinking of getting a tablet or ipad but since this is top3 site for me it makes little sense to buy.

I think if its an android tablet you're fine
Shawn91111
12/11/12 12:49:49PM
Maybe its just me, but what is the appeal in a tablet over a smartphone or laptop etc?
BuffaloDave
12/11/12 12:55:34PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Maybe its just me, but what is the appeal in a tablet over a smartphone or laptop etc?

There really is no difference, than a ipod or ipad, the pad is just a bigger version of an ipod. The only thing different than a laptop to ipad, I would say is, it's just lighter to hold.
prophecy033
12/11/12 1:00:16PM

Posted by Shawn91111

I actually bought it to replace my Laptop. Not a lot of difference and actually has no disc drive but its easier to lug around and is smaller. It just another step in the evolution from PC to Laptop to tablet
BuffaloDave
12/11/12 1:02:27PM

Posted by prophecy033

I just bought a ipad but it won't let me post on the PG. It poos up a error msg every time I try. My question is if there are any other ipad or iphone users that have had the same thing happen and of so how do you fix it

I've used an Ipad for this site without problems before, not sure if I was just making picks for an event or posting can't remember, but I looked up your problem, because I heard of other people having problems posting in forums before, common answers I found were, use the mobile app, if there is one for here, or push insert HTML button.
Bubbles
12/11/12 2:12:23PM

Posted by prophecy033
It poos up a error msg every time I try.

take it to an IT doctor
40ouncetofreedom
12/11/12 2:15:56PM
I've had no problems with my iphone posting or making pics.It could be something with the browser..I'm assuming it's safari ?? you can download google chrome or another browser and try that just to see.
prophecy033
12/11/12 2:23:25PM

Posted by iwannabesedated

I've had no problems with my iphone posting or making pics.It could be something with the browser..I'm assuming it's safari ?? you can download google chrome or another browser and try that just to see.

it is safari.
FastKnockout
12/11/12 2:26:58PM
I've been using my iPad 2 and I've had no issues.
prophecy033
12/11/12 2:39:56PM

Posted by FastKnockout

I've been using my iPad 2 and I've had no issues.

what browser are you using?
infestructure
12/11/12 3:15:13PM

Posted by Shawn91111

I got a Samsung galaxy note tablet, mainly for the inbuilt design programs and the S-pen, it makes design fun and easy, for my business, it's perfect, where a laptop would be too cumbersome and lacking a touch screen, and a smartphone is too small, and has trouble running the bigger graphics programs. The tablet is harder to type on than a laptop, and I haven't been posting anywhere near as much on here because of it, sorry guys. Punctuation is also harder, so my posts seem wooden and lifeless, and it makes me want to post less. Don't worry though, I have a laptop, and only use this to post on here when I'm doing my morning ablutions

In a nutshell:
Tablets are a bit of a gimmick, unless you have a need for what they bring, which is a big touch screen an d multi tasking capabilities. It's a great time wasting device
george112
12/11/12 5:51:43PM
Ipads and tablet use flash memory which is why they can't do what a laptop can as far as programs. They are only limited to apps.

Which imo makes them sort of almost useless

kopower
12/11/12 6:25:22PM
Agreed with others to change the browser. If not, go with Android
bojangalz
12/11/12 9:58:34PM

Posted by kopower

If not, go with Android

Even if you do change your browser, you should still go with android.

-sent from my Nexus 7
prozacnation1978
12/13/12 12:09:54AM
U cant post on here with a iPad
Tried for years now. Wish u could. Just use my phone all the time
BuffaloDave
12/13/12 5:27:03PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

You most certainly can, don't use Safari, even though I have used it with Safari and posted the other day with an ipad, just to see if it was possible.
prophecy033
12/13/12 5:51:28PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

You most certainly can, don't use Safari, even though I have used it with Safari and posted the other day with an ipad, just to see if it was possible.

I downloaded Google Chrome and I couldnt post with that either. Any other suggestions?
BuffaloDave
12/13/12 5:55:08PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by BuffaloDave

I downloaded Google Chrome and I couldnt post with that either. Any other suggestions?

Push insert HTML button.
prophecy033
12/13/12 7:21:47PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by BuffaloDave

Push insert HTML button.

where the fuck is that?