State Investigating CSAC; Chairman Resigns

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » State Investigating CSAC; Chairman Resigns
Sinister
9/25/09 6:38:38PM
"Darrell Steinberg (D-Sacramento), president pro tempore of California’s state Senate, announced Thursday that he would not allow confirmation votes for California State Athletic Commission members Timothy Noonan and Peter Lopez to proceed, thus ending their tenure by the end of the year.

The news comes from the Los Angeles Times, which reported last week that California’s ethics agency, the Fair Political Practices Commission, had opened an investigation regarding CSAC members using their positions to secure free admission for family and friends to events they were entrusted to regulate."

LINK

Jackelope
9/25/09 6:59:20PM
No surprise to me. All this time I've been talking about how shady CSAC is. There's just too many times to count how many things have "happened" in California. I hope they clean out the whole state commission because I simply do not trust the CSAC. Glad to see some news that validates my distrust for them.
scobac
9/25/09 7:06:08PM
there are dirtbags in every buss, every walk of life, anything we think we can trust. It sucks but when human nature takes hold you are in for a ride. Exactly why I trust noone and believe very little.
prozacnation1978
9/25/09 7:08:51PM
u gotta admit if is fishy that csac always gets fighters on steriods alot more than any other state
george112
9/25/09 7:28:12PM
doesnt suprise me in the least.

SpiderSilva
9/25/09 8:40:18PM
Man I would give my friends and family free tix too if I worked for CSAC
Sinister
9/25/09 8:45:15PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Man I would give my friends and family free tix too if I worked for CSAC

Ha yea. I hope thats not the only reason he resigned or why theres an investigation. I would be handing those out like crazy./
mrsmiley
9/25/09 8:50:52PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

u gotta admit if is fishy that csac always gets fighters on steriods alot more than any other state

Yeah no kidding.

Somewere Josh Barnett is smiling.
Sinister
9/25/09 8:58:44PM

Posted by mrsmiley

Yeah no kidding.

As he sticks a needle in his. . .
HumanTarget
9/25/09 10:44:09PM
Sherk finally gets his wish.
telnights
9/25/09 11:34:44PM
Well this house cleaning has been going on since last year. I cant say I'm shocked but can tell you a lot of the under the table deals fighters had and promoters is no longer being given. Like the hole Nick Diaz thing and saying they had an agreement with the old head of CSAC. So it goes to show they are trying to get things fixed and back on track.
mrsmiley
9/26/09 6:04:02AM

Posted by Sinister

Posted by mrsmiley

Yeah no kidding.

As he sticks a needle in his. . .