Interim HW Champ?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Interim HW Champ?
fade2black2004
5/14/08 9:22:57PM
Hey, first time poster (long time reader though) and just off a bat gotta say this is a great site, my favorite mma site yet, you guys should be proud

anyways my question is...

How long will Nog be "interim" HW champ? do they expect Randy to come back and face him? what if Randy never comes back will they just say "no long interim now full"

sorry if this had already been discussed like i said im new to posting here so be easy on my n00bness lol

Thanks in advanced
Kpro
5/14/08 9:27:18PM
Dana has said that Randy will be the champ for as long as it takes to get him back. If he comes back and fights Nog it would unify the belts; until then Nog will be defending the interim title.

There's no time limit on it; I just hope they officially strip the title if this keeps dragging out.
juanez13
5/14/08 9:39:50PM
they are gonna keep Nog as the Interm HW champ until Randy can get out of his contract, right now they UFC is doing everything possible to keep Randy Tied up and Not able to fight somewhere else.

about randy coming back, i can almost Guarantee it wont happen.
Aaronno9
5/14/08 10:22:05PM
If Randy had just done the fight with nog in the first place hed be out of his contract by now and probably be fighting fedor instead of tim.

I havent really been keeping up with whats going on in the contract war, i just got sick of reading about it tbh, but what if it turns out randy cant fight anywhere else ever till he completes his ufc contract? do you think he'll just play safe and retire? (again) or will he suck it up and do the nog fight and finally beable to get down with fedor?
fade2black2004
5/14/08 10:56:11PM
Randy is amazing a great fighter, but he went against his contract so he should be stripped of the title, the only time i feel its righ to have an "Interim" champ is due to injury

Nog should be declared true HW champ
big_timmy
5/14/08 11:12:40PM
Big Nog has earned his HW Title, not just Interim. this has pissed me off for far too long.

Randy owes the UFC and its fans. Who else could have been offered a title shot to come out of retirement, and in a different weight class?

And he bitches about getting no respect? Come on old man, harden up, and realise how much you've been given by the UFC. Fight out the rest of your contract, unify the HW belts, realise how much the HW div needs it, and give back something to the millions of fans who have followed him from day 1.
MMAcca
5/15/08 1:09:10AM
To me Big Nog is THE HW CHAMP, he's earned what he's got and deserves the respect of being the champ and i'm sure plenty of others agree, regardless of all the politics involved with Randy's lawsuit etc,etc,etc.....
Jipper
5/15/08 10:09:27AM
Until Randy's contract ends which I've heard both August & October.
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/15/08 10:29:13AM

Posted by Jipper

YEP!
iwannabesedated
5/15/08 2:20:34PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by Jipper

YEP!

Maybe October. Nog is doing TUF and pry wont fight again till after October...Anyways hey atleast we wont have an interim champ after the next TUF.
DCRage
5/15/08 2:41:03PM
December. Looks like the Nog-Mir post-TUF 8 fight will be New Year's weekend.
iwannabesedated
5/15/08 2:49:40PM

Posted by DCRage

December. Looks like the Nog-Mir post-TUF 8 fight will be New Year's weekend.

Cool..So i guess we will have an undisputed UFC HW champ by 2009..lol
89vision
5/15/08 7:01:14PM

Posted by Kpro

Dana has said that Randy will be the champ for as long as it takes to get him back. If he comes back and fights Nog it would unify the belts; until then Nog will be defending the interim title.

There's no time limit on it; I just hope they officially strip the title if this keeps dragging out.

Whenever Randys contract expires is when they strip him of the belt, hes not gonna fight Nog, he went thru all this trouble of ducking him and picking Sylvia to beat him so that maybe he can fight him for an easier fight again before he loses to Fedor
mrsmiley
5/15/08 7:20:51PM

Posted by MMAcca

To me Big Nog is THE HW CHAMP, he's earned what he's got and deserves the respect of being the champ and i'm sure plenty of others agree, regardless of all the politics involved with Randy's lawsuit etc,etc,etc.....

king_katool
5/15/08 9:32:36PM
im gona say this and when it happens i hope some1 pulls this from the archives and quotes me " randy will NEVER fight again, not nog not fedor no1, sry guys but all he is doing is bitching and whining for the attention, he went hollywood on us boys and we have to come to terms with it"...... remember this
prozacnation1978
5/16/08 8:34:30AM
actually nog-mir fight wouldn't be new years eve week cause that would be in jan i see them fighting christmas weekend, xmas lands on thur new years on thur

i see the whole randy deal settling then seeing if nog will be champ or interm still. if randy would have fought his last 2 fights he would be free by now to fight fedor, now it might not even happen this year.