HW INTERIM BELT????

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » HW INTERIM BELT????
ufcboss
1/2/08 1:38:29AM
OK, No Interim belts for so long and now 2, Nearly 3!

OK, GSP and Hughes, It was the best thing for both.

But Nog and Sylvia??, They offered Randy the fight, He said no, Well why dont they strip him??

All I see them doing is waiting for Randy to offically leave and then the interim will get upgraded to undisputed, I just think it's going too far.

So when Rampage hurts his knee in may, It will be.....

Liddell V Griffin for the LHW Interim belt!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont care too much but it's just too many belt's!
cloppio
1/2/08 1:47:11AM

Posted by ufcboss

But Nog and Sylvia??, They offered Randy the fight, He said no, Well why dont they strip him??

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i agree. it's not like randy has ever said he'd be back. why weaken it. just make a statment and make it a championchip fight?

trust me... no disrespect to randy...but the game must go on.
hippysmacker
1/2/08 2:05:01AM

Posted by ufcboss

All I see them doing is waiting for Randy to offically leave and then the interim will get upgraded to undisputed, I just think it's going too far.

While your point is valis, i see no way that Chuck would get any kind of a title shot without winmning another fight against a top guy. Michida/ Shogun would be a good next opponent for Chuck. Also, there is no reason at all to think Page won't be healthy for the scheduled Griffin fight. If Page were to go down, Michida/ Jardine would seem to be next in line to me.
ufcboss
1/2/08 2:14:56AM
Oh my bad, The Chuck thing was a joke, Yeah even if Rampage did pull out, Chuck isnt close to getting the shot!

Smacked!
CornishMMA
1/2/08 10:51:25AM
Its what i said about ages ago but nobody seemed to take any notice and still thought the HW belt would be made vacant - if Randy is under contract then in that contract there are specifics about championship reigns etc and we know they hold it for a year until they can be stripped due to inactivity

It means theres still time for them to work it out, who knows by August M1 could of gone tits up and Dana could just give up and pay Fedor silly money (LOL if by that point Randy has to fight Sylvia again before Fedor!)
Tailgunner
1/2/08 12:13:38PM

Posted by ufcboss

+1 I couldn't agree more I think Interim belts are a waste and devalue the REAL belt.

The UFC needs to stop with the Interim thing.
ohiostate1016
1/2/08 2:02:19PM
I don't like all of the interim belts. I do think that they should officially strip Randy, and that the Nog/Sylvia fight should be for the HW title.

Just a thought, but if we see Nog/Tim in February, and then one of them keeps the belt in a fight with Cheick Kongo, and we see Fedor/Randy in October, wouldn't it be great to see Nog/Tim vs. Fedor/Randy? I know that Randy will most likely retire after his fight with Fedor, but if Fedor wins, then I think it would be the perfect time to have a "SuperFight" inter organization fight between the UFC champ and Fedor (or Randy, but I doubt that).
Pitbull09
1/2/08 3:05:49PM
I agree. Im sick of Interim belts. GSP/Hughes it was need cause Serra is a terible champ but other than that, I dont see why we need more.
juanez13
1/2/08 4:20:37PM

Posted by hippysmacker

While your point is valis, i see no way that Chuck would get any kind of a title shot without winmning another fight against a top guy. Michida/ Shogun would be a good next opponent for Chuck. Also, there is no reason at all to think Page won't be healthy for the scheduled Griffin fight. If Page were to go down, Michida/ Jardine would seem to be next in line to me.

agree with most of what you said, but you gotta think thats this is long time from now, so by that chuck would have fought once more, maybe twice but i doubt it.....and between all this time that is taken off for TUF, guys like machida and jardine would have fought already at least once, so i think by the time it gets there the landscape for the LHW division will differ depending on how the other fights went...............but your right, there is no reason to think that page wont be healthy by the time the fight is scheduled to take place
keith-hackney1
1/2/08 4:43:49PM

Posted by ufcboss

Oh my bad, The Chuck thing was a joke, Yeah even if Rampage did pull out, Chuck isnt close to getting the shot!

Smacked!

I think dana plans to give chuck a shot against jackson with this one decision win over vanderlei, not fair but i think he's thinking of the ppv sales again.
Should be ...

Chuck liddell vs forrest griffin

Thiago silva vs rashad evans

Tito ortiz vs Stephan bonnar

keith jardine vs Lyoto machida

* 8 man tournament to the title shot !!!!
bls1919
1/2/08 10:56:30PM
I'm not sure how to work thesae posts but i think what PITBULL09 said about Serra being a terrible champ is totaly bogus. The man is severley hurt right now. Bfore the UFC used him as a coach on TUF so he couldnt fight then. Injury is a very suitible reason for not fighting. Avoiding because of contract or the other fighter(ala tito vs chuck) is BULL SHIT!!!! but dont bash a man because hes hurt.

hippysmacker
1/3/08 12:10:23AM

Posted by ufcboss

Smacked!

LOL, and I didn't even call you a hippy!
Smd277
1/4/08 1:57:35PM
yeah they need to man up strip randy i dont see why theyre kissing his ass and allowing him to keep the belt strip him of it and give to winner of tim vs nog and move on the gsp and huges interim was understandable but randy as much as i respect him as a fighter i dont respect cotoure or the ufc for the fued they have together.
Ultimate_fighter
1/4/08 3:16:30PM

Posted by ufcboss

I dont care too much but it's just too many belt's! [/QUOTE

Or Machida vs Griffin, or Machida vs Liddell to fight Griffin,,, come on Rampage dont hurt urself... Yea thats tricky being on TUF as a coach, You fight the next event when its over, and if u do get hurt u lose ur championship....
jocksmall
1/6/08 1:35:31PM
interim belts are stupid they mean nothing at all. its just a way to make a fight last 5 rounds and sell more ppv. why dont they call them #1 contender fights or title fights because thats exactly what they are and if you dont believe me ask gsp.
texuspete00
1/6/08 8:11:14PM
Some of Randy's UFC contract clauses have the criteria like "if you are champion." Hence, UFC is cheapening their own belt to more easily defend themselves in court, and maintain a stranglehold on their fighters.