Interesting Tibau facts.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Interesting Tibau facts.
frizzzlecake
7/7/12 1:12:09AM
Takedown Defense: 88.9%(Second best in the UFC to Arlovski)
Takedowns Landed: 59(Second best to GSP who has 68)

I knew Tibau has been around the UFC for awhile and has some great fights, but at the ripe age of 28 I think he become a top LW fighter. Hoping for big things from him tomorrow

!
Twenty20Dollars
7/7/12 1:20:01AM
He's a beast and somehow makes LW.

Won 7 of his last 9, but really it should be 8 of his last 9. He was jewed out of a decision against Guillard, where the scores were not even read.

I can't remember much from his fight with Miller, but he lost. He'll need to show he can beat contenders like that to move to that next step.

First fight in the UFC was against Nick Diaz in '06 and has only had 1 fight outside of the UFC since that fight. 15 ufc fights.
Budgellism
7/7/12 1:23:18AM
I think he gets the win tomorrow.
prophecy033
7/7/12 1:24:38AM

Posted by Budgellism

I think he gets the win tomorrow.

Bubbles
7/7/12 1:28:16AM
i probably should pick him but I'm sticking with the eagle
frizzzlecake
7/7/12 1:30:40AM

Posted by Bubbles

I hope his fro can adsorb some of the punishment Tiabu is going to put on him.
Chael_Sonnen
7/7/12 1:32:55AM
He MUST be on TRT right? Probably a STRONG striker

Interesting Tibau fact.

He is friggin' huuge
(you should see him in person)
george112
7/7/12 1:34:46AM
I've got him by UD .

He's proven himself consistent
infestructure
7/7/12 1:36:32AM

Posted by Bubbles

This too. This thread makes me unsure of my pick. I suppose I'm injecting a little emotion into this decision, but I like to root for the up n comers.
aussiemma
7/7/12 3:28:14AM
i dont think it's that tibau is underrated i think he just goes a bit un-noticed, just due to the fact that he never gets a real long win streak going or rarely finishes in impressive fashion.
kopower
7/7/12 11:27:48AM
According to the Sherdog roundtable, Tibau was partying pretty hard in Brazil, before coming back to the US to train. Hmmm. He looked pretty good at the weigh ins.
frizzzlecake
7/7/12 2:42:27PM

Posted by kopower

According to the Sherdog roundtable, Tibau was partying pretty hard in Brazil, before coming back to the US to train. Hmmm. He looked pretty good at the weigh ins.

Yeah he's not a Rampage when it comes to training maybe partying, but when it's time to train he goes hard.
pmoney
7/7/12 4:49:35PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

He was jewed out of a decision against Guillard

Wow, I am not even Jewish and I find that insanely offensive. It's funny how Dr. Benjamin says some shit about racism towards African Americans and everyone decries it, yet anti-semitism is as strong as ever in every day life, in every part of the globe.

I am not calling you a racist, 20, or anyone else here. But that phrase is all too commonly accepted and it does perpetuate stereotypes and racism.
prozacnation1978
7/7/12 7:01:24PM
Tibau is very underrated
Last ten Ufc fights record has been impressive
I think he wins again tonight. He is a beast.
State_Champ
7/7/12 7:26:09PM

Posted by pmoney

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

He was jewed out of a decision against Guillard

Wow, I am not even Jewish and I find that insanely offensive. It's funny how Dr. Benjamin says some shit about racism towards African Americans and everyone decries it, yet anti-semitism is as strong as ever in every day life, in every part of the globe.

I am not calling you a racist, 20, or anyone else here. But that phrase is all too commonly accepted and it does perpetuate stereotypes and racism.

aussiemma
7/8/12 2:42:54AM

Posted by frizzzlecake

Takedown Defense: 88.9%(Second best in the UFC to Arlovski)
Takedowns Landed: 59(Second best to GSP who has 68)

I knew Tibau has been around the UFC for awhile and has some great fights, but at the ripe age of 28 I think he become a top LW fighter. Hoping for big things from him tomorrow

!

damn you ! your stupid post swayed me to pick tibau, i had nugermademovodafone in the first place.