Interesting, the size question...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Interesting, the size question...
NatedawgThaM
3/28/10 1:42:39AM
I just remember a lot of people saying they think Carwin would beat Lesnar because he's just as big and Lesnar wouldn't be able to just wrestle or bull him around. I know I didn't pick him too win tonight I thought Mir would knock him out so he definitely impressed the hell out of me. Proved me wrong and I give him all the credit in the world. Just remember alot of people talking about his being able to match size and strength with Lesnar.

But honestly IMO Mir is bigger compared to Lesnar over Carwin. Carwin IMO looked like Lesnar's bastard step child haha I think carwin's gonna be in a world of trouble. But I definitely won't count him out cuz he proved me wrong today. he'll definitely test lesnar's chin but Lesnar will test his size and strength.
MiniMan
3/28/10 2:13:22AM
IMO whoever get on their back first loses! Damn though, Carwin is a ANIMAL!!!!
seanfu
3/28/10 3:42:13AM
randy wrestled lesnar to neutral, it's the wrestling, size matters for that. if i have shitty wrestling and i', 300 ounds all that means is that i need slightly less wrestling technique for wrestling and i'm gonna be ****** if we hit the ground.
NatedawgThaM
3/28/10 3:48:45AM
I still dont get it. So your saying Lesnar's wrestling isn't that good? Lesnar's faster, bigger, stronger, quicker, and most explosive. Also a better wrestler IMO. Randy neutralized him because of the clinching immediately, he never took a chance to stand and feel lesnar out, he smuthered him from the get go. Carwin isn't that type a fighter, Lesnar should take him down quickly and it should go bad from there at least IMO.
cmill21
3/28/10 4:30:21AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I still dont get it. So your saying Lesnar's wrestling isn't that good? Lesnar's faster, bigger, stronger, quicker, and most explosive. Also a better wrestler IMO. Randy neutralized him because of the clinching immediately, he never took a chance to stand and feel lesnar out, he smuthered him from the get go. Carwin isn't that type a fighter, Lesnar should take him down quickly and it should go bad from there at least IMO.

But will Lesnar be able to? Sure he could toss mir around and that but Carwin should at least be able to keep it competative for take downs. On top of that we've seen Lesnar rocked from less than Carwin can chuck. We'll see.
tmas
3/28/10 7:22:11AM
Carwin is 6'5" and about 285 Lesnar is 6"3" 290ish

Lesnar is a wrestling champ, Carwin is a wrestling champ. Carwins hands are bigger then Brocks formally record tying hand size..... when tested Carwin had more speed, strength and power then Brock.

In other words i think those parts of the game will neutralize each other and technique will play the biggest role.

I see Carwin winning by 1st round KO
BeeR
3/28/10 10:54:56AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

what do you mean he isnt that type of fighter? thats exactly what he did to Mir, clinch, cage, KO
prozacnation1978
3/28/10 11:16:16AM
i thought mir looked as big as carwin did
lesnar did look bigger in the cage but they are both identical but carwin has one punch ko
i gotta go with carwin to ko brock
gartface
3/28/10 11:21:05AM

Posted by tmas

Lesnar is a wrestling champ, Carwin is a wrestling champ. Carwins hands are bigger then Brocks formally record tying hand size..... when tested Carwin had more speed, strength and power then Brock.

In other words i think those parts of the game will neutralize each other and technique will play the biggest role.

Exactly where are you getting your information from? If Carwin is 6'5, then Brock Lesnar is nearing 7'. Did you watch their interview? Carwin looks small compared to Brock.
MisterFreeze
3/28/10 11:45:46AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by NatedawgThaM

But will Lesnar be able to? Sure he could toss mir around and that but Carwin should at least be able to keep it competative for take downs. On top of that we've seen Lesnar rocked from less than Carwin can chuck. We'll see.

When did we see Lesnar get rocked?? Are you refering to the knee Mir hit him with in their second fight? I really don't think he was rocked there. Other than that the only person who hit him was Randy just a couple times and Brock ate those punches like they were candy.
tmas
3/28/10 12:05:39PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by tmas

Exactly where are you getting your information from? If Carwin is 6'5, then Brock Lesnar is nearing 7'. Did you watch their interview? Carwin looks small compared to Brock.

I got the info from two sources, 1 a tale of the tape from a while back. two sherdog (looks like they changed him to 6'4") Dont forget brock had shoes on while he was in the cage and it added 2-3 inches and shane was not in shoes so brock would look a little taller.

VITAL STATISTICS
Name Shane Carwin
Record 12 - 0 - 0 (Win - Loss - Draw)
Wins 7 (T)KOs ( 58.33 %)
5 Submissions ( 41.67 %)
Association Jackson's Submission Fighting
Height 6'4" (194cm)
Weight 265lbs (121kg)
Birth Date 1975-01-04
City Greeley, Colorado
Country United States
Sherdog Store List Shane Carwin Products
RyanC
3/28/10 12:10:46PM
Shane Carwin is going to put Lesnar to sleep. Brock has never been hit by someone with Shane's power. Never.
Giant_Ochai
3/28/10 12:17:31PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Have you ever seen what a top D1 wrestler does to a top D2 wrestler?
sbulldavid
3/28/10 3:57:02PM
I think Lesner is going to sleep, but Carwin is probably done if Lesner gets the takedown.
cmill21
3/28/10 4:06:41PM

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Posted by cmill21

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Have you ever seen what a top D1 wrestler does to a top D2 wrestler?

Well, I have, but not when they have graduated and both are 10 years older. And yes I was refering to the knee by Mir(guy from before), and Brock said "I was seeing little birds", so I think he was rocked.
tcunningham
3/28/10 8:08:52PM
i would love to see carwin as champ. he put a beatin' on mir. i think its very possible to see him finish lesnar.
jae_1833
3/30/10 12:44:59AM
No matter who told you what I gaurantee that size matters, and she does too!