Interesting Notes from UFC/Zuffa/Strikeforce Conference Call

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Interesting Notes from UFC/Zuffa/Strikeforce Conference Call
emfleek
3/14/11 2:04:58PM
LINK

Lorenzo says they'll continue to use the Strikeforce cage. They will use unified rules tho (I guess that means elbows now OK)

Dana: I wouldn't count anything out, including superfights. Lorenzo: If there's an interest, that's what we do. That's a change from Sat.

Lorenzo confirms elbows on the ground will be legal.

Lorenzo says Showtime deal goes into 2014, not into 2012 as has been reported.

There's been no talk of a UFC fighter vs. Strikeforce fighter yet, none.

White: "A union is up to the fighters. But this really isn't a team sport. Will guys making big money want to kick money down to others?"

Dana: Regarding champ vs. champ fights, our job is to make sure fans get fights they want to see. It's just a matter of when.

Twenty20Dollars
3/14/11 2:09:29PM
No counter-programming either.
emfleek
3/14/11 2:14:45PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Yeah, I'm surprised anyone even asked that question. It seems like a no-brainer to me...
FastKnockout
3/14/11 4:08:58PM
I better get my Twitter account back up and running. It seems that the UFC is making a huge effort to give the fans what they want. I've already seen a handful of fights made because fans bombard his Twitter feed.

Will Strikeforce keep the white gloves?

grappler0000
3/14/11 7:30:41PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Yeah, I'm surprised anyone even asked that question. It seems like a no-brainer to me...

Kinda like asking someone if they plan on punching themself in the face.
grappler0000
3/14/11 7:41:27PM
Listen to the audio here
tcunningham
3/15/11 12:53:45AM
even if there isnt any superfights this is still really good for strikeforce. the ufc people will bring strikeforce up a notch and make our sport grow even more.