2 interesting matchups at next StrikeForce

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » 2 interesting matchups at next StrikeForce
ffforgottenx
4/4/07 12:01:43PM
- Paul Buentello vs Carter Williams
- Cung Le vs Tony Fryklund

what do you all think about this? buentello vs an incredible kickboxer, le vs the miletich trained 'freak'..

personally, I think carter will knock paul out if he tries to stand with him.. it will be a slugfest, but i think carter has the more crisp striking and overall better standup game, and pauls over aggressiveness is going to play against him.. if he can take it to the ground, i'd give him an immediate advantage, but i think he is going to try and bang with carter and end up with his back on the canvas in the first round.. hopefully carter has been training his JJ and takedown defense anyway

and as far as cung le vs tony fryklund.. i see tony taking le down and submitting him.. call me crazy, but thats how i see it going.. he won't want to stand for too long with him, and i think tony will be able to get the takedown and pull of a submission in the second round.. maybe my mind will change about this one, but as of right now, thats how i see it
madmarck
4/4/07 12:50:25PM
I think Tony will get the takedown. But i dont see it coming easy. I think Cung has been training his ground game. If he gets on top of Tony i think he might try and go for a TKO. But the "freak" will prob catch him in a triangle or armbar if he tries it.
cowcatcher
4/4/07 12:57:50PM
carter is great on the feet but i dont really know about his ground game, not that buentello likes to go there himself. le has good takedowns, but ive seen him taken down before as well, so id assume thats what fryklund will try and do. i think id like to see both k-1 guys win just so we see more guys from there coming over to put it on the line in mma rules matches. either way though these both have the potential to be great fights, im just not sure what to expect from the k-1 guys if it goes to the ground in either fight
ffforgottenx
4/4/07 1:02:13PM
carter won his first MMA fight by armbar in the first round..
im not saying he has an impeccable ground game, but im sure he is at least somewhat knowledgeable.. but like you said, paul doesnt usually take it to the ground.. against a K-1 vet though, he want might to consider it and polish up on his JJ
the-james
4/4/07 5:16:18PM
I think its an easy win for cung le here , i personally think Tony Fryklund is one of the most overrated fighters i seen, ive never really seen him perform well sure hes a militich trained fighter so he cant be a complete can but I think Cung Le wins by ko first round
ffforgottenx
4/4/07 5:40:36PM

Posted by the-james

I think its an easy win for cung le here , i personally think Tony Fryklund is one of the most overrated fighters i seen, ive never really seen him perform well sure hes a militich trained fighter so he cant be a complete can but I think Cung Le wins by ko first round

fryklund isn't outstanding in any one area, but he is always a dangerous opponent whether it's on the ground or on the feet..
its at least a step up from JVF