Intense weigh in!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Intense weigh in!!
Next Page »
hathcock32
4/18/08 6:40:10PM
Wow. never has there been a weigh in like today. I was kinda disapointed in this card at first. But in the last few days, my mood has all changed. I am very excited for the fights. Bisping McCarthy showdown was great, a lot of trash talking.Lutter saying that Franklin faked a surgury. The fans booing serra was insane(so loud) they should of saved "Hostile Territory" for this card.
juanez13
4/18/08 7:01:25PM
there was so many people that had to use the towel....also on a side note, Bisping looked ripped!! MW is defenately his best weight class.
grappler0000
4/18/08 7:27:23PM

Posted by juanez13

there was so many people that had to use the towel....also on a side note, Bisping looked ripped!! MW is defenately his best weight class.

Yeah, it's nice to see that the ring girls move to the side now when they bring in the towel...I always thought it was a little funny to have them standing behind the fighter snickering.

Serra looked to be in good shape for 170 as well. Franklin looked healthier at the weigh-in than I've seen him in quite some time.
loller90278
4/18/08 7:48:52PM
i really wanna call the upsets:

lutter over franklin
mcarthy over bisping
serra over gsp

for some reason i think they're gonna winnnnn
Mchubb316
4/18/08 8:06:24PM
Can't wait till tomorrow. Should be a good night.
ThePlague
4/18/08 8:25:43PM
Serra is so confident that it's really starting to unnerve me. And Bisping looks so thin, it's hard to imagine him feeling comfortable at this weight so soon. I'm second-guessing my picks but I'm so pumped for tomorrow.
cmill21
4/18/08 8:40:30PM
I think GSP will take it, he's so good, like rediculously good lol. I think Lutter could take it and I think Bispings got the win. Should be a great day, we're having a huge bbq, watching my pride dvd's and drinking all day up until the fight.
Franklinfan47
4/18/08 8:49:29PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by juanez13

Yeah, it's nice to see that the ring girls move to the side now when they bring in the towel...I always thought it was a little funny to have them standing behind the fighter snickering.

Serra looked to be in good shape for 170 as well. Franklin looked healthier at the weigh-in than I've seen him in quite some time.

Ya no black eyes for Rich, thats a first

seriously though, the crowd was intense. That said, ive seen more tense weigh ins before...remember sanchez vs kos 2?

Bisping looks ripped!! Captain miserable is getting f'd up tomorow!
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
4/18/08 9:06:15PM
anyone got link to the weigh ins?
juanez13
4/18/08 9:22:02PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

LINK
EON
4/18/08 9:58:36PM
dont think bisbing will lose tomorrow but i cant wait til he gets KO'd
mrkennedy
4/18/08 10:05:15PM
bisping and mccarthy are fire up
Twenty20Dollars
4/18/08 10:20:41PM
man bisping vs mccarthy was intense along with jason and joe. shit was awesome that got my fired up haha f*ck!
kevietre
4/18/08 10:44:16PM
I think Goldberg did a phenominal job he was really energetic and down to earth instead of when he does commentary some of the things he says sound planned or scripted. What do you guys think?
Jlloyd
4/18/08 10:44:17PM

Bisping looks ripped!! Captain miserable is getting f'd up tomorow!

You can say that again
wolfman
4/18/08 10:49:05PM

Posted by kevietre

I think Goldberg did a phenominal job he was really energetic and down to earth instead of when he does commentary some of the things he says sound planned or scripted. What do you guys think?

Yeah, I actually thought he did a better job than Joe.
Kracker_Jap
4/18/08 11:15:38PM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by kevietre

Yeah, I actually thought he did a better job than Joe.

he really stepped up to the plate...... War USA
jgtribbett
4/18/08 11:23:11PM
wow, matt god boo'd really bad haha.. but i just realized how smalle gsp and serra are
JBatch
4/19/08 12:39:51AM
Goldie did a great job.

It was a good weigh in although I am pretty sure underneath that cocky exterior Serra knows he is in for a world of hurt tomorrow. Bisping vs. McCarthy is going to be good Mike does not look impressed with Captain Miserable.
roadking95th
4/19/08 12:54:17AM
I am really confused on the whole booing thing. I remember the US fans getting ripped for booing and that Canadians would never do that. Hell, they booed everyone not Canadian and this was just weigh-ins. They better mind their place in this world
loller90278
4/19/08 12:55:45AM
well, international fighters didn't insult america and its residents like matt serra did to canadians.
NatedawgThaM
4/19/08 12:59:20AM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

LINK

Thanks

I was bummed to at the card but now I'm a little bit more swayed to watch this rathe then B-Hop/Joe which the weigh in was also intense. But I got to go with the free one since obviously it's free and B-Hop is my favorite boxer. Not to mention the probability of me having one of the worst days in MMAPlayground is huge

So I kinda wanna wait until Sunday to hear the bad news
roadking95th
4/19/08 1:15:47AM

Posted by loller90278

well, international fighters didn't insult america and its residents like matt serra did to canadians.

I understand the whole Serra thing, but what about everyone else?
cmill21
4/19/08 1:19:45AM

Posted by roadking95th

Posted by loller90278

I only heard them boo Serra and Lutter. We weren't pissed about booing us, it was booing our national anthem which was disgusting. If we did that you guys would threaten action if there wasn't some sort of apology. lol. We'll mind our place in the world, as a respected country that everyone else doesn't hate
SerraLeben
4/19/08 1:44:19AM
I like how Matt Serra called everyone in the crowd "Mother F*ckers". Even though I am Canadian I hope Matt Serra wins. I just have a solid hatred for GSP. If Serra loses then he will probably never trash talk again :P
GrandMaster313
4/19/08 2:03:56AM

Posted by loller90278

i really wanna call the upsets:

lutter over franklin
mcarthy over bisping
serra over gsp

for some reason i think they're gonna winnnnn

i dont know if i would call serra an upset if he wins. one he's the champ. and two GSP has such a strong fan base (myself included) that it practically makes him a favorite in just about any fight he competes in. But I could see Franklin losing and i am not completely sold on Bisping ....... Yet !
Aaronno9
4/19/08 2:10:38AM
Awesome. It was nice to see bisping getting cheers and not heckled for a change. I dont know why people are so determined to underestimate ace, he was in as good as shape as ever and has been training better than he has before. Lutters getting k.o'd tonight. As is captain miserable, that stare down was intense!! Also, gsp looked like he was ready throw down right there, he was practically shaking!

Also, anybody got any idea what gsp said when he was speaking french?
bullettdodger
4/19/08 2:31:27AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by roadking95th

Posted by loller90278

I only heard them boo Serra and Lutter. We weren't pissed about booing us, it was booing our national anthem which was disgusting. If we did that you guys would threaten action if there wasn't some sort of apology. lol. We'll mind our place in the world, as a respected country that everyone else doesn't hate

Okami and the American "quick tap" method... do i really need to find the quote, also dude wtf, you really want to make this an American Vs Canadian, as someone who has dual citizenship let me say that that gets us no where..
GSPCanada
4/19/08 2:54:56AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by roadking95th

Posted by loller90278

i heard them boo clementi and then they kind of cooled it from there because i think they wanted to not look so direspectful. I'm from Canada (obviously) and i really hope the canadian fans are respectable during the american anthem (if its even sung at ufc events, ive never been to one live) and i hope they represent well and only boo serra

honestly i wish gsp didnt shake hands/pound fists w/ serra. I actually hate it when ppl are bad sportsmans but this was one time i wouldn't mind
Basshandsome
4/19/08 3:25:56AM
Great weigh-ins for sure. I am actualy happy with the card... it should be good. On a side note anyone hear that guy yelling " MAKE THE WEIGHT, MAKE THE WEIGHT" when Lutter stepped on the scale? lol
Pages: [1] 2