Injury Changes Strikeforce Card; “Semtex” Confirms Retirement

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Injury Changes Strikeforce Card; “Semtex” Confirms Retirement
SmileR
2/28/08 7:40:24PM
Strikeforce lightweight title-holder Gilbert “El Niño” Melendez was supposed to fight Jorge Masvidal at the Strikeforce/EliteXC March 29th event - but the fight has been cancelled due to a shin injury Masvidal received during “Strikeforce at the Dome” in Washington. The injury came in a fight against Ryan Healy, which Masvidal won by decision. A replacement could be named soon to battle Melendez since he is one of the top fighters on the card. Middleweight champ Frank Shamrock will put his title on the line against Cung Le in the highly-anticipated main event.

Link
loonytnt
2/28/08 7:48:40PM
that sucks, hope he heals ok
xtra_chewy
2/28/08 8:43:37PM
WTF???? When the hell did Daley announce retirement?? Have I been under a rock for the past few days? I hope that he's just blowin smoke up everyones ass and comes back to fight.
CornishMMA
2/29/08 6:34:22AM

Posted by xtra_chewy

WTF???? When the hell did Daley announce retirement?? Have I been under a rock for the past few days? I hope that he's just blowin smoke up everyones ass and comes back to fight.

Yeah i think we all do bud. But sadly it seems he is serious, whether he changes his mind a few months/years down the line is yet to be seen. Makes no sense. The best british fighter retiring BEFORE his prime