UFC 78 injuries and medical suspensions

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 78 injuries and medical suspensions
grappler0000
11/20/07 6:47:16AM
Payback is a bitch … at least if you’re Joe Doerksen.

Middleweight Ed Herman cracked the orbital bone on Doerksen’s face with a knee during the first round of their 185-pound scrap at UFC 78: “Validation” on Saturday, November 17 from the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. To his credit “El Dirte” persevered through the pain until he was stopped with a crushing hook in the opening seconds of round three.

Link
Manfred
11/20/07 7:40:15AM
Wow, how Diaz-ish! I didn't know Herman was that tough. My respect for him just went up a bunch!
bezun
11/20/07 10:32:17AM
Herman didn't do any 'tough'. El Dirte is the one with the broken face.
scoozna
11/20/07 10:38:52AM

Chris Lytle did not appear on the report nor did he receive a suspension from NJSACB. This is a bit bizarre considering the fight was stopped before the start of the third round because of cuts to the eyes of “Lights Out.”

Calling it "a bit bizarre" is being nice. Calling it a lousy stoppage is more appropriate.
MMA
11/20/07 1:22:03PM
Herman performed terribly against a short-notice Doreksen. I thought he would dominant Doerksen but he got caught in a triangle and was saved by the bell. If there was only a few more seconds, Herman would have been out cold/tapping.
grappler0000
11/20/07 1:44:06PM

Posted by MMA

Herman performed terribly against a short-notice Doreksen. I thought he would dominant Doerksen but he got caught in a triangle and was saved by the bell. If there was only a few more seconds, Herman would have been out cold/tapping.

Not only that...I would of been 22 points richer.
Ogre365
11/20/07 2:01:19PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by MMA

Yeah Herman killed some of my points too.... Bastard.
stickyhash421
11/20/07 7:58:28PM

Posted by Ogre365

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by MMA

Yeah Herman killed some of my points too.... Bastard.

same here, i thought doerksen had it in the bag at the end of round 2, regardless of the round ending because if herman wasnt conscious at the very end it would have been stopped by a technical sub
xAcidburNx
11/21/07 4:52:41AM
HAHA thats funny. Seems everyone picked doerkson for the 2nd round sub. I dont know anything more impressive than to be able to fight 2 more rounds with a cracked orbital. being able to finish the round is one thing but man once you sit down and the adrenalin slows down. the pain really starts to kick in. now think of how much it hurt before he sat down. then think of it after. makes me wanna puke just thinkin about it
xAcidburNx
11/21/07 4:54:13AM
oh yea. if you dont know how bad a cracked orbital hurts. just watch bob sapp vs cro cop. yikes