Injuries

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Injuries
Powell21112
10/13/08 3:19:07PM
What do you think the most common injury in MMA is and why?
casey64
10/13/08 3:20:49PM
Broken hand is my guess, cause your throwing it, you could miss or lots of possibiltys.
Bowen50
10/13/08 3:54:19PM
concussions and cuts
dannyfrank
10/13/08 7:49:31PM
a black eye?
Svartorm
10/13/08 8:02:50PM
Technically it would be cuts and concussions, according to the athletic commision. In reality I think its knee injuries, as they tend to pop up in training all the time. The knee is a fairly complicated and delicate joint, all things considered.
Naturaldisaster
10/13/08 8:50:22PM
MAT BURN!!!!!!
Jackelope
10/13/08 10:38:57PM
For minor injuries cuts, bruises and concussions (although I hate to call a concussion "minor")

For major injuries it seems to usually be knee injuries. My assumption and experience is that it's due to takedowns done while kicks are being thrown. Nothing scares me more than potentially injuring my knee one day.

Shoulder injuries and wrist injuries are huge, too. Usually they're a lot less serious than knee injuries, though. I totally agree with Svartorm on the complication of the knee joint
casey64
10/14/08 8:42:02PM

Posted by Jackelope

For minor injuries cuts, bruises and concussions (although I hate to call a concussion "minor")

For major injuries it seems to usually be knee injuries. My assumption and experience is that it's due to takedowns done while kicks are being thrown. Nothing scares me more than potentially injuring my knee one day.

Shoulder injuries and wrist injuries are huge, too. Usually they're a lot less serious than knee injuries, though. I totally agree with Svartorm on the complication of the knee joint

Now that I think about it yeah it would be the knee.
Tizzy
11/20/08 5:44:10PM
The most common injuries that I have run into are the bumps and bruises that come with anything from being hit in the face in some way or being taken down. Having had them I wouldn't really call them injuries though; I would call them being hurt.

I would call injuries the things that keep you out for more that a day or so. The most common that I have come across are pulled muscles mainly in the neck and shoulder.