Injured Evangelista Santos out of Sept. 25 Strikeforce headliner with Tim Kennedy

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Injured Evangelista Santos out of Sept. 25 Strikeforce headliner with Tim Kennedy
emfleek
8/19/09 2:44:42PM
An injury has forced middleweight Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos (16-13) out of a scheduled Sept. 25 Strikeforce Challengers main event with Tim Kennedy (10-2).

Strikeforce executive Mike Afromowitz today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) the organization learned of the injury over the weekend (when Evangelista's wife, Cris "Cyborg" Santos, defeated Gina Carano for Strikeforce's 145-pound women's title) and that the search is underway for a replacement.

STORY
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
8/19/09 4:04:49PM
thats ok he woulda got ko'ed in rd 1
DCRage
8/19/09 4:44:25PM
They could put Mrs. Cyborg in and most casual fans wouldn't know the difference.
jae_1833
8/19/09 4:45:07PM
Yeah he was going down hard....maybe Smokin Joe or Robbie Lawler as replacements?
bojangalz
8/19/09 4:50:51PM

Posted by DCRage

They could put Mrs. Cyborg in and most casual fans wouldn't know the difference.

Beat me to it. lol

I'm wondering if he ruptured a nut after Cris led him to believe she was pregnant? From what I understand he didn't take that news to well before they decided to play the same trick on Coker.
EliasG
8/19/09 7:33:02PM
Man, his wife really could probably fight Brian Bowles tomorrow. :)
Mayhem13
8/19/09 8:24:22PM
Is Kennedy a Quest fighter? If so that rules out Lindland and maybe Lawler.

Id like to see Tim Kennedy vs Scott Smith, or Ninja Rua

They should both be due to fight again soon