INEXPERIENCE ASIDE, BROCK LESNAR EYES UFC GOLD

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » INEXPERIENCE ASIDE, BROCK LESNAR EYES UFC GOLD
MMAcca
9/4/08 1:15:49AM
When Brock Lesnar signed with the Ultimate Fighting Championship, the former collegiate wrestling champion and former professional wrestling superstar said he wanted to fight the top heavyweights. He was serious.

At UFC 91 on Nov. 15 from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Lesnar will face Randy "The Natural" Couture for the UFC heavyweight belt in only his fourth mixed martial arts bout and third time in the Octagon.

"I've wanted a fight with Randy since before I signed a contract with the UFC," Lesnar told the media on Tuesday.

Despite his inexperience and Couture's year-long layoff from competition, expectations are high that the match-up will generate record numbers. "We actually do research on these things if you can believe it or not," said UFC president Dana White.

LINK
BIGKAT
9/4/08 1:42:45PM
"From day one my whole goal was to take it one fight at a time and that's exactly what you have to do to get to the top"

**LOL one fight at a time 1 win one loss...=Championship fight... Do you hear that UFC fighters? One fight at a time, equaling 2 fights...LOL

"But not a lot of people are me either. I had to win against Heath Herring, and that puts me in this spot." ***LMAO ooooooo k

"He's going to train to beat me and I'm going to train to beat him, so we're both on the same page when it comes to that." ***YOU DON'T SAY!!! LOL

"I'm hearing all this talk about Fedor Emelianenko. Who gives a (expletive) about Fedor? I don't care. I'm fighting Randy Couture" ***Umm, TRUE MMA Fans care abt Fedor, Brock, THATS who!

emfleek
9/4/08 1:51:21PM

Posted by BIGKAT

"From day one my whole goal was to take it one fight at a time and that's exactly what you have to do to get to the top"

**LOL one fight at a time 1 win one loss...=Championship fight... Do you hear that UFC fighters? One fight at a time, equaling 2 fights...LOL

"But not a lot of people are me either. I had to win against Heath Herring, and that puts me in this spot." ***LMAO ooooooo k

"He's going to train to beat me and I'm going to train to beat him, so we're both on the same page when it comes to that." ***YOU DON'T SAY!!! LOL

"I'm hearing all this talk about Fedor Emelianenko. Who gives a (expletive) about Fedor? I don't care. I'm fighting Randy Couture" ***Umm, TRUE MMA Fans care abt Fedor, Brock, THATS who!

It is what it is. Lesnar's fighting Randy BECAUSE HE WAS ASKED TO. Would YOU turn it down if you were offered a title shot? I didn't think so. Your constant cryassing about the situation is tiring.
cowcatcher
9/4/08 2:12:53PM

Posted by emfleek

It is what it is. Lesnar's fighting Randy BECAUSE HE WAS ASKED TO. Would YOU turn it down if you were offered a title shot? I didn't think so. Your constant cryassing about the situation is tiring.

cmill21
9/4/08 2:23:15PM
I know this will be the biggest money grab in mma history but Randy never should have left, he should have fought Nog, and Werdum out of the UFC HW "contenders" is the only one deserving of a title shot. I guess Mir should have lost to Lesnar so he could beat Herring and get a shot at the HW belt instead of the Interim.
jiujitsufreak74
9/4/08 2:41:19PM

Posted by cmill21

I know this will be the biggest money grab in mma history but Randy never should have left, he should have fought Nog, and Werdum out of the UFC HW "contenders" is the only one deserving of a title shot. I guess Mir should have lost to Lesnar so he could beat Herring and get a shot at the HW belt instead of the Interim.

well me and you have two different meanings of deserving. i think you deserve a title shot if you are the fighter in a division that has the best chance to defeat the champion. i personally think that fighter is Brock. Werdum has defeated two "top" fighters but he would be absolutely crushed by Randy. and i know that the best person for the job shouldn't always get the title shot because if that was the case then i guess Dan Henderson should be fighting Silva like 10 time sin a row. but, i do think it is a good rationalization for one title shot.
MFOTHER
9/4/08 2:43:47PM
why do people forget....

randy go this title shot in the HW division after 0 recent HW fights

Nog got his after 1 ufc win, in a fight he nearly lost in the first

(yes both are legends, but the facts are facts)
Hillbilly
9/4/08 4:06:00PM
Not to mention Nog's win was over the same guy as Lesnar's
BIGKAT
9/4/08 4:54:49PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by BIGKAT

Oh, i didn't realize that my posts were so important to you that you were completely aware of my "constant" opinions on this forum. I feel so loved, I now have a fan!"

I'm sick of your opinions too, but truth is, I could care less what you say, because you're entitled to your opinions, just like I am. Don't like my posts? Don't read them, don't know what else to tell you dude.

All I really know for sure is that if someone continually worries about what I do in real life I ask them one simple question: Do you want to $screw me or do I owe you money, because those are the only two reasons you need to worry yourself with what I do.