Incredible Read on UFC/Steroids

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Incredible Read on UFC/Steroids
AmericanFighterAce
7/20/07 4:40:42PM
Steroids are Bad

I know that there has been multiple posts to other pages with people telling their reasoning behind why steroids are bad for MMA, and I think Kevin Iole does an incredible job talking about it.

Very good read.
spider1179
7/20/07 5:03:56PM
Great read. Thanks for the post.

This guy is obviously a fan of the sports and brings up some very good points. The UFC should start testing their fighters. They need to make the consequences out weigh the benefits.
szucconi
7/20/07 5:07:23PM

Posted by spider1179

This guy is obviously a fan of the sports and brings up some very good points. The UFC should start testing their fighters. They need to make the consequences out weigh the benefits.

This guy is more then just a fan. He was on the Countdown show for UFC 71. Good article, but to long for me to read the whole thing.
nubby
7/20/07 5:31:19PM

Posted by szucconi

Posted by spider1179

This guy is more then just a fan. He was on the Countdown show for UFC 71. Good article, but to long for me to read the whole thing.

Don't worry you didn't miss much. The article centers around the safty issue of having steroids. It's complete BS. Crap read.
AmericanFighterAce
7/20/07 5:34:08PM

Posted by nubby

Posted by szucconi

Posted by spider1179

Don't worry you didn't miss much. The article centers around the safty issue of having steroids. It's complete BS. Crap read.

How is it a crap read and complete BS? Its completely true. Let me ask you this. Are you a supporter of steroids?
nubby
7/20/07 5:45:33PM
Maybe. I'm on the fence.
szucconi
7/20/07 5:46:54PM

Posted by nubby

Posted by szucconi

I liked what I read, but it couldn't keep my attention because I agreed with it. Steroids are bad. They are illegal not only in the US, but in the Olympics. They are banned for a reason. It should be about the fighters working hard and testing them selves against one another. Not about who has the best juice or who is willing to shave years off there lives. Supplements may be performance enhancing (as you argue in another thread), but athletic organizations have drawn a reasonable line at what is legal and what is not. I agree with the safety aspects, but I believe fairness is just as important because most of the time fairness makes it safer.
owen1
7/20/07 5:57:55PM
good read.
zephead
7/21/07 8:59:41AM
Good read. If you can't do it naturally, you don't belong in sports.