Most Improvment at UFC 91?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Most Improvment at UFC 91?
POLL: Which one?
Brock Lesnar's all around game 22% (10)
Kenny Florian's grappling 13% (6)
Matt Brown's Jiu Jitsu 16% (7)
Jeremy Stephens Sub Defense 2% (1)
Hazelletts Beard. 44% (20)
Other 2% (1)
haggiswashere
11/16/08 3:53:27AM
Who showed the most improvement?
Bowen50
11/16/08 4:13:08AM
Hazelett's beard, no question. in all seriousness it was definitly Matt Browns Jiu Jitsu. he really suprised me with some very slick BJJ off his back.
haggiswashere
11/16/08 4:14:58AM

Posted by Bowen50

Hazelett's beard, no question. in all seriousness it was definitly Matt Browns Jiu Jitsu. he really suprised me with some very slick BJJ off his back.

for real. i picked matt brown too. i flipped out when he got the armbar.
EvenFlow
11/16/08 5:15:27AM
Gotta give it to Jeremy Stephens for that awesome sub defense from a great BJJ fighter to get KO of the Night. Second would be how slick Kenny is of his back he will give BJ a good fight but he'll get TKO'd or Sub'd when they fight, Kenny's great but BJ is a step ahead and number #1 at LW for a reason.
Matimus
11/16/08 8:28:51AM
kenflo has better stand up, bj will try to bang.
If anyone is going to beat him, it will be florian.

Will I pick him? I dont know, I have months to think about it.

But the most improvment at UFC 91 would HAVE to be Gonzagas shoulders and back.....and the lack of shag carpet that used to be growing off them
prozacnation1978
11/16/08 9:43:32AM
most improved had to be lesnar
he is evolving quickly
he won't fight for another 7 months so he has alot of time to learn
copcopps
11/16/08 11:26:45AM
Hazelett's beard
cowcatcher
11/16/08 11:42:26AM
brown had highly offensive BJJ and that was shocking considering hes more or less a brawler whose #1 thing going for him is is heart(or at least thats what i thought). i was impressed my maias wrestling as well, and what can you say about a guy fighting for the 4th time beating randy, its just awfully damn impressive. great night of fights, not a snoozer among em.
haggiswashere
11/17/08 1:07:19AM
lol i probably shouldn't have used the beard as an option
bls1919
11/17/08 10:04:58PM
WAR HAZELET"S BEARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That being said. I will have to go with Brock. His patience in the octagon is much improved. His Boxing is much better than i thought it would be at this point in his career. His control from top position is off the charts. He has complete comtrol of himself and the opponent from his oppenent guard. Not that it was needed against Randy. I have been posting so many positive things about Brock since the win i forgot i was one of the guy who ? his importance in the UFC. Thios man has so much potential its scary.
RiseUp21
11/18/08 2:11:13AM

Posted by bls1919

WAR HAZELET"S BEARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That being said. I will have to go with Brock. His patience in the octagon is much improved. His Boxing is much better than i thought it would be at this point in his career. His control from top position is off the charts. He has complete comtrol of himself and the opponent from his oppenent guard. Not that it was needed against Randy. I have been posting so many positive things about Brock since the win i forgot i was one of the guy who ? his importance in the UFC. Thios man has so much potential its scary.

I dont see how Bock improved anything other than his patience. no kidding he has complete control over his opponent and that his top game is phenomenal... he is a championship collegiate wrestler with 280+ lbs of muscle. his boxing is far from great, but with the power those arms possess, ill be damned if it doesn't make you nervous every time he connects and you're betting against him.

my point is this, i don't think what he did in his fight with Randy showed enough improvement to qualify for the vote. I went with Matt Brown's jits. He had a VERY active guard and i was very impressed with him.
Hendo67
11/18/08 2:23:22PM
Got to say Matt Browns submission game, who would have thought that Brown would have subbed him? I wouldn't have.

Also, man was i ever impressed with Dustin, and his beard. He clearly needs to keep that thing. Sick submission game, great transitions between submissions as well. Hazelett will be a force.

Also, Demian Maia...who in my mind given another fight under his belt (perhaps Bisping) will defeat Anderson Silva.