Who was more impressive Florian or Stevenson

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who was more impressive Florian or Stevenson
the-james
4/6/07 10:10:06AM
Id say Kenny, he looked great his stand up and muay thai was good and so was his jiu jitsu, Stevenson was impressive too

what do u think?
Jamie98s
4/6/07 10:26:07AM
Joe daddy, He ended that fight QUICK, but it took kenny 3 rounds to beat mishinma and almost got his knee popped in the process.
the-james
4/6/07 10:51:49AM
I agree but you could tell that florian was pretty much toying with mishima in the first two rounds hittting him with leg kick taking him down the nstanding back up after leg kick and then when mishima slapped on tha kneebar he held out and finnally finished him
mkiv9secsupra
4/6/07 11:03:08AM

Posted by the-james

I agree but you could tell that florian was pretty much toying with mishima in the first two rounds hittting him with leg kick taking him down the nstanding back up after leg kick and then when mishima slapped on tha kneebar he held out and finnally finished him

i dont think he was toying with him i think he was trying to just rush in a ket caught with something...he knew that mishima was a very unorthodox fighter
pv3Hpv3p
4/6/07 11:38:39AM
Got to go with Florian... His Muay Thai looked awesome... Where had he been hiding those leg kicks?

I had picked Joe to win via 1st rd sub... It did suprise me how quickly it went though...

And what was up with Melvin getting rocked with the stiff jab? I know it probably caught him off guard, but isn't the standup supposed to be his game?
hcazlekker
4/6/07 11:57:24AM
Joe ended it a bit too quick, haha. Like he said though, "you gotta take what he gives you."

I have to go with Florian, his leg kicks were very nice, and sticking through that kneebar was damn impressive imo. I thought Florian's knee was gonna snap. You could see him actually thinking... "Should I tap?"
Rush
4/6/07 12:00:05PM
Joe impressed me the most, but Kenny seemed to improve more.
JimiMak
4/6/07 12:21:38PM
KenFlo's improvements impressed me a lot, hadn't thought much of him before gotta give him props. But the calmness that Stevenson showed prob'ly surprised me even more, very professional. Both guys took a step up in my book.
AchillesHeel
4/6/07 12:46:26PM

Posted by Rush

Joe impressed me the most, but Kenny seemed to improve more.

I agree, essentially.

I was more impressed with Florian, in one sense, because his standup game was much better than I was expecting.

Stevenson was more impressive, in another sense, because he so pwned a fighter who was expected to give him a fight.

So, to answer the OP's question: Stevenson.
Trapt1nw0nder
4/6/07 12:46:53PM
Joe Daddy Impressed me more.....

Mishima didnt look like he was there to win,,,,he was just countering striking and a little too defensive....he wasnt trying to take him down or anything
hathcock32
4/6/07 12:47:05PM
Joe Daddy fight was the perfect example why i dont like the guilloteen choke.

Kenflo....is a beast......Joe Daddy vs Kenflo would be a good fight.

His knee bout snapped.
madmarck
4/6/07 12:48:20PM
Kenflo by far. Not saying Joe wasnt good. He just didnt give us much to work with.
Florian beat Misma for 3 rounds. And got caught in a kneebar, almost tapped and got out and choked a guy out.
If you notcied Kenny tapped once. So he really wanted to give up. But he powered through.
AchillesHeel
4/6/07 12:48:32PM

Posted by JimiMak

[...]the calmness that Stevenson showed prob'ly surprised me even more, very professional. Both guys took a step up in my book.

This is a good point, too. Stevenson's standup has improved too. He stood away from Guillard's haymakers and then stepped in with a stiff jab that set up the win.
Ultimate_fighter
4/6/07 3:24:58PM
I would say stevenson, Melvin threw some crazy punches and got stevenson with like 4 stiff jabs. Then Stevenson walked him into the corner and gave him back an amazingly hard straight jab. Which dazed Melvin it looked like. Took him down then Melvin tried to grab him , but he got submited.... it worked out like i thought it would.
nubby
4/6/07 3:27:21PM

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

I would say stevenson, Melvin threw some crazy punches and got stevenson with like 4 stiff jabs. Then Stevenson walked him into the corner and gave him back an amazingly hard straight jab. Which dazed Melvin it looked like. Took him down then Melvin tried to grab him , but he got submited.... it worked out like i thought it would.

Lol did you even watch the fight? Melvin didn't score a single hit on Stevenson.
randyleprechaun
4/6/07 4:42:29PM

Posted by nubby

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

Lol did you even watch the fight? Melvin didn't score a single hit on Stevenson.

I agree. I just watched it. Joe dodged a few puches, then he hit melvin, took him down and submitted him! In the process making me 20 points richer!
jaba
4/6/07 5:28:47PM
gotta go to the flo, best fight of the night.
teamquestnorth
4/6/07 5:40:36PM
i thought kenflo tapped
nubby
4/6/07 5:43:46PM

Posted by greshamfighter

i thought kenflo tapped

He hit his leg once, generally a tap is three swift taps. It all depends on your definition. I think that he wanted to tap and stopped himself. It would have been embarrassing to lose like that after 3 rounds of domination.
the-james
4/6/07 10:45:27PM

Posted by greshamfighter

i thought kenflo tapped

i just rewatched it and kenflo brings his hand up to tap shakes it around a little bit while he deciding weather to tap or not and then escape he dosent touch the leg at all
shackle
4/7/07 12:04:44AM
I'd say kenflo due to the nice upgraded Muay Thai. I think he is looking much better.

His take down defense looked pretty great too, but i'm sure Sherk has better take downs, but still looked good.
Nacho
4/7/07 5:05:12AM
Yep DVR slo mo showed a shaky hand indicating pain but absolutely no tap. K-flo was simply marvelous. I cringed watching those crisp muay thai leg kicks. I think he was making a statement. His conditioning made him look the part too. New favorite fighter in my column. Joe daddy made me lose some money. He looked tight, but it really fast and definitely impressive too. Do you think Melvin was humbled at all?
hippysmacker
4/7/07 6:52:46AM

Posted by madmarck

Kenflo by far. Not saying Joe wasnt good. He just didnt give us much to work with.
Florian beat Misma for 3 rounds. And got caught in a kneebar, almost tapped and got out and choked a guy out.
If you notcied Kenny tapped once. So he really wanted to give up. But he powered through.

I agree, wish he would put on some muscle though.
u_f_c
4/7/07 6:25:58PM
I think Joe Daddy was definately the more confident and quick paced fighter. He took Melvin easy.
bayonetxwork
4/7/07 6:35:15PM
I don't see how you can say that Stevenson's was even..impressive. Guillards performance was just amateur. I wanted Guillard to win, but he was just amateur. That doesn't make Stevenson look any better IMO.