Most impressive acheivment

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Most impressive acheivment
dstlvb
3/3/07 8:59:30AM
Since Hendo knocked out Wandy and is the only person to hold two belts at once where do you think that rates. We have Randy being the only guy in UFC to hold the heavy and light heavy title. Maybe the fact that Fedor hasnt lost in 5 years, and that was by a cut. Gracie winning all those fights in one night, and doing it back to back. One people might not think of is looking over Severns career and what he did, not just MMA. There are probally some i left out, these are just off the top of my head. Some are like comparing apples to oranges. Even in baseball after all the reords two really stand out as the greatest HR and Dimaggios streak. What do you think are the greatest MMA accomplishmetns
deadcore
3/3/07 9:10:12AM
in baseball, does bonds 73 really stand out as much now that he is steroid freak?
dstlvb
3/3/07 9:13:01AM
Really just did HR in general Maris still holds the record
Stickan
3/3/07 9:18:00AM
Diego Sanchez stands out in my mind being undefeated with that kind of opponents he has faced.

I don't mean that he's more accomplished than any of the fighters you mentioned, I just added to the list of fighters with achievments.
Manfred
3/3/07 9:36:17AM
Hendo's achievement is impressive. The only knock being his loss against Masaki. If PRIDEs belts were on the line every time the Champ fights, he wouldn't have both belts.

Here are some others:

Wandy: 5 yr undefeated streak at 93kg. (one loss to Hunt, one draw and one NC, both HWs) 18 wins against mostly top competition

Randy Couture: Held two div. belts when he was considered too old and if he beats Tim he's going to be up there. The 14-8 record doesn't do him justice

Fedor: 25-1 The most impressive thing is that he never "squeaked out" a win. He's dominated and finished most of his opponents impressively. He's completely cleaned out PRIDES HW division (except Barnett)

Single night performance has to go to Royce for UFC 2. 8 man tourneys were a dime a dozen, but he is still the only man to win FOUR fights in one evening
madmarck
3/3/07 10:50:41AM
Jeremy Horn Anyone?
Responsible for the awesome careers of many of the miltech fighters.
Matt Hughes once said "about 70% of what i know i learned from Jeremy Horn."
dstlvb
3/3/07 11:03:41AM
DID not think of Horn. Would he not be more on the coaching achievment side of things though. I was more talking in ring acheivments, not that Horn is not a very good fighter. There are others with extensive careers like his but with more championships. I could be wrong though. Horn is a very interseting guy though
BalledBull
3/3/07 11:57:38AM

Posted by madmarck

Jeremy Horn Anyone?
Responsible for the awesome careers of many of the miltech fighters.
Matt Hughes once said "about 70% of what i know i learned from Jeremy Horn."

Horn has been a huge impact in MMA. Ryoto anyone? Come on now show some love.
BalledBull
3/3/07 11:58:55AM
Oh yeh Fedor for sure, Royce Gracie kinda had a big impact too
Ydoc
3/3/07 3:51:25PM

Posted by dstlvb

DID not think of Horn. Would he not be more on the coaching achievment side of things though. I was more talking in ring acheivments, not that Horn is not a very good fighter. There are others with extensive careers like his but with more championships. I could be wrong though. Horn is a very interseting guy though

Then why not go with his 49 Submission wins. Travis Fulton may have more but not at the same level of competition as Horn.

dstlvb
3/3/07 4:31:09PM
IM not denying that Horn is great. He mentioned Hron impact on MFS, that would be a coach. There is no really right answer to this just wanted to hear some thoughts.
JimiMak
3/3/07 4:48:02PM
How about Matt Hughes absolutely dominating the most stacked division in all of MMA for close to a decade. 40-5 career record, includes a 13 fight win streak (leading up to the bj loss), an 18 fight win streak (leading up to the Pele fight), and wins over BJ, GSP, Sakurai, Newton, Gono, Trigg, Sherk etc.
hippysmacker
3/3/07 5:20:33PM
I would prefer to talk about MMA, but since you brought up base ball Cy youngs 511 wins and 316 losses are the only untouchable record in baseball that i can think of. DIego may be a legend someday, but he has not even won a belt or beaten any of the other top 3 at his weight class yet. Randy, Hendo,Royce, Fedor , Hughes all are deserving to be in this discussion to me. I'd like to add Sakaraba. Beat 4 gracies ( including Royce) , fought anybody, and had the most style of anyone I've seen. Plus, if Pride had a 183 lb. title from the beginning, I beleive he would have held that title a long time.
jocksmall
3/3/07 5:36:12PM
well im going with royce. he is the one who got me excited about mma. i couldnt believe what i was seeing when he won those tournys. i think everyone suggestions are valid (except nightmare doesnt belong in this discussion.)would like to add coleman to the list for competing at such a high level for such a long period of time. ufc champ, pride champ, he has done it all and fought the whos who in the sport
MMA
3/3/07 6:41:05PM
Royce Gracie for what he did back in the days.

Fedor for being Fedor.

Couture to winning belts in 2 different weight divisions.

Henderson who currently holds both welterweight and middleweight belts.

Matt Hughes for being having like 8 (or 9?) successful title defences.

Potential prospects:

St. Pierre - He could possibly replace Hughes as the "most dominant welterweight fighter" in the UFC. He may also go on to challenge for the middleweight belt.

Diego Sanchez - He is living up to the hype and has a perfect record. He is a large threat to anyone in the welterweight division.

Chuck Liddell - If he avenges his loss to Jackson and goes up to challenge Cro Cop and Fedor, he will be the man. I do not care if he loses, he still has a ton of balls.

BJ Penn - He has so much potential. If he combined his natural talent with a good work ethic, he could possibly be unstoppable.

Norifumi Yamamoto - He sports a 15-1 record with 11 via (T)KO with his only loss due to a cut. I guess the only criticism has to be with his fight against Sudo which was a controversial stoppage.

Cro Cop - I can see him taking out Fedor with a vicious LHK.
jdubs
3/3/07 8:07:57PM
the ufc making mma what it is today
Saty
3/4/07 12:23:03AM
i got a 100 on my calculus exam.
madmarck
3/4/07 12:30:26AM

Posted by Saty

i got a 100 on my calculus exam.

wanna come to mine for me? I still waiting to get it back but i can smell its badness.
loller90278
3/4/07 12:55:56AM
couture owning randy..
Manfred
3/4/07 2:16:55AM

Posted by loller90278

couture owning randy..

He owned himself? LOL.
loller90278
3/4/07 2:43:10AM
hehe, i meant Tim Sylvia
Manfred
3/4/07 3:14:14AM
I know, just messin'
hippysmacker
3/4/07 3:15:54AM
Hendo and Randy are tied in my book now .